Notifications
Clear all

Muscle Memory

19 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@nuclearnipple)
Topic starter  

Thanks for reccomending Andreas' book, I found a copy at the public library (amazing, that never happens) and am reading it as I type this. I need to relax, and now realize that may be my greatest hurdle to overcome in the learning of a new instrument. They say that practice makes perfect (They say alot, don't They), but like momma said, perfect practice makes perfect. Just when you think you can blame something mechanical (large hands, big body), you find an internal source that must be addressed. Am I being presumptious to suggest that a dedication to the guitar is one of the varied paths to Zen enlightenment? Oh well, long way to go, plenty of time to get there. I just hope I can one day help people like this community has strived to help me. Thanks again.

"Let's give the boy a lift."
"What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country."
Dr. Gonzo & Raoul Duke

"And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man."
"You mean... beyond pacifism?"
The Dude & Walter Sobchak

ReplyQuote
(@jimmy_kwtx)
Estimable Member

Also, as far as developing hand dexterity, strength, or cordination, what do any of you think of those Gripmaster gadgets? Are they worth getting? Thanks for all of your enthusiasm, it is refreshing to know that others have been here before me and are willing to help those who want to develop a new means of expression to persevere.

I personally think they are a waste. You can get the same effect much cheaper by using a blue raquetball.

ReplyQuote
(@jimmy_kwtx)
Estimable Member

So if you had and used both your balls would be black and blue. :wink:

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Only if you squeeze them very hard!! But that may help in expanding your vocal range.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2