Clear all

neo-classical

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@sowterg)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I would like to get into neo-classical im into hard rock and heavy metal and i like AC/DC and metalica. But my idol is yngwie malmsteen he rocks but it is become aparent that it is incredible difficult to find enything. On this neo classical style well from my searches on google i cant find enything i would like to hear eny sergestions people have?

Its the choices you make that diffines you as a person.

(@97reb)
Noble Member

classical guitar music + electric guitar + "slightly" distorted amplifier = neo-classical. Try not to dial in a thrash sound on the distortion. You want your leads to be cleanish so the notes are distinct.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@1st_act)
Estimable Member

Hey, I'm listening to Yngwie's "Blackstar" right now. (I wish I was playing it)

I haven't seen any real lessons out there on neoclassical, but there are alot of Yngwie song tabs out there (google). I'm working on a couple myself. I know that he did make at least one instructional video. I have a 2 minute video clip from it, where he plays a blues song.

Good luck

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

you should learn to read notation (sheet music).
with that you could download tons of classical pieces of music and adapt them to electric.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I will go one further. Take classical guitar lessons. 97Reb is correct - the style is based on classical music, with a distorted electric guitar, instead of a classical guitar. My son is currently taking classical guitar lessons and it is interesting to watch his teacher play. I see a lot of the same techniques as YJM might use.

Really though, you must be TOTALLY committed to such a style. It will take many years of practice to master. Good luck.

ReplyQuote