Clear all

New Technique help

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Okay, so I've decided that if I am going to take my playing to another level, I NEED to learn the whole percussion type thing with fingerstyle.

So I've been working on being more accurate with the stuff. I have the hardest time with hitting only one string, and hitting the guitar.

I'm posting this video to see if anyone might be able to help out with some sort of technique advice. The song is still very VERY much a work in progress and there are ALOT of miscues etc. The percussion comes in at around :40 mark. If you click the image it will go to the video

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Can't see a problem there at all - sounds great to me. Nice picking, and and you got the percussive strokes in perfectly. No need to be paranoid, I don't think ANYONE on this site could find fault with that!

As Cathy McGowan used to say, "Oi'll give it foive!" (Translation for non-British viewers..."I'll give it five!")

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Can't see a problem there at all - sounds great to me. Nice picking, and and you got the percussive strokes in perfectly. No need to be paranoid, I don't think ANYONE on this site could find fault with that!

As Cathy McGowan used to say, "Oi'll give it foive!" (Translation for non-British viewers..."I'll give it five!")

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

Thanks man, it's much appreciated coming from you!

Blind Kiwi-Thanks, sometimes I try to just slap the top couple strings to let the others still ring, maybe it muddies it...my problem is always slapping and hitting that one string, I usually hit more than one, and am trying hard to just get one string...usually it's not a big deal, but I want to be as accurate as possible.

The reason I was a bit nervous posting this is that I'm not used to posting something that is not up to par in my mind. I've gotten better over time, and I demand more of myself when posting something...so, that's where I was at in saying things....appreciate the feedback again folks!! It's appreciate and hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll have this to where I can throw it to the wolves of YouTube LOL.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote