Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

13 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@gunner)
Topic starter  

Im really interested in really geting to know how to play the gutair, i practice off my dads, but he taught himself so im not going to take anything for granted from him XD My question is what kind of gutair should i start off with at the cheapest price, I have about 109$ in cash, and ive heard that i ought to start off with an accustic, but my mind rolls more into the idea of the electric bass..... Thanks for your time guys! :P

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

shall i recommend behringer vtone guitar pack.......

http://www.zzounds.com

it got everything you ever wanted ....:wink:

ReplyQuote
(@gunner)
Topic starter  

Hey thx Im really gona look into this one. :D

ReplyQuote
(@gunner)
Topic starter  

wow hey fits my pocket perfect! XD thx man!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

but he taught himself so im not going to take anything for granted from him

Ouch! - I'm sure he knows alot more than you think.
My question is what kind of gutair should i start off with at the cheapest price, I have about 109$ in cash

OK, maybe he don't know much about guitars or he would give you just a little bit more money. :lol:

Save up and buy a Squier® Standard Stratocaster Electric Guitar
for 200 bucks.
and ive heard that i ought to start off with an accustic, but my mind rolls more into the idea of the electric bass.....

Electric Bass?

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

Hello and welcome

Might I just say your dad who taught himself is like me .. I 've never had a lesson from a teacher , have just played around with guitar since I was about 12 I'm now in my 60's and I help others ...Playing with and getting advise from as many people you can will only help and make you a better player .. my son always played with one of guitars until I bought him one for Christmas years and years ago ..We play together regually and there is no more enjoyment in the world then playing with your children .. I also have 2 daughters who play keyboard, guitar , just wish we had a drummer .....

Listen to your dad for your own sake .. beginning to play can be very hard

take care

L.K

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@tkn_dk)
Trusted Member

Start on something you want to play on. Don't start on an acoustic if you'd rather play electric. Personally, I started on an electric (about a month and a half ago now). I got a starter kit from Yamaha with an EG112 electric guitar. Without having tried the Behringer pack (which it is roughly equivalent to in specs), the Yamaha seems to offer far better quality (according to reviews I read). Ideally, you'd go into a guitar store and try out as many guitars as you can get your hands on and then pick, but if you're like me and feel a bit sheepish about walking into a guitar store not knowing a single chord (although, I guess you do, so not an issue, right?), I don't think you'll go wrong with the Yamaha pack.

All I want is food and creative love.

ReplyQuote
(@arien-uruviel)

yeah! go yamaha! btw... can u guys gimme a name of a good guitar book so i won't hafta pay for lessons?

There is more stupidity than
hydrogen in the universe,
and it has a longer shelf life

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Gunner: Welcome to GN :D Start with what you're interested in. If you want to play bass, get a bass. It really is a vastly different instrument then an (accoustic or electric) guitar.

Arien: Get a teacher, not a book. Books don't substitute teachers one bit.

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

The yamaha FG series are nice... and I taught myself too

Welcome to GN!!

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Just wanted to say welcome to the asylum for the musically insane!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@gunner)
Topic starter  

Thx for the welcome, im gona get an electric bass, i wanna play that, and with xmas cash ill have round 150 mabey, thx for all the advise and welcomes!!

ReplyQuote