Playing two instruments?

18 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
 Gump
(@gump)
Trusted Member

Alright, I'll go by "feel."

Anyone care to comment on how the hell I am supposed to finger pick with bass? I looked up some stuff and it gives me all sorts of information on the "floating anchor" and the use of 3 fingers, etc. I suppose it is worth the trouble since finger picking is better than using a pick..supposedly.

Heh, I wouldn't give up this avatar for the world.. I feel like a rebel now!
Which is quite sad considering it is just a German flag.

Way back I learned classical guitar from Aaron Shearer vols. I & II. On the bass I use "classical style minus the thumb". IMO that's the most results for the least amount of time invested, you'll figure it out. Full-time bass players have all sorts of tricks that also use the thumb and little finger but I don't have time for that stuff.

ReplyQuote
(@oldiron)
Estimable Member

I play banjo, guitar, keyboards & played bass years ago. No reason not to.

I may be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride. (Jerry Garcea)

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

One of the coolest musical things I think is taking a feel you use on one instrument and duplicating it on another. It doesn't always come out pretty, but it almost always leads to a host of new ideas.

Playing guitar with a bass-like feel sometimes yields some suprisingly cool riffs, trying to imitate the feel off strumming on the drums also has a way of inspiring some very nifty beats.

Every musical instruement you play makes you a little better at all of the other ones you play.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2