Clear all

Playing while sick

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@bmxdude)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey I caught myself a cold :cry: , but am wondering if i should still practice while i have it. It seems to me that it would be easy to pick up bad habits while playing with a cold. My head really hurt and I can use an amp, I have to blow my nose every second, and my finger ache; every one says that it important not to miss a day of practice, but what if your sick. :(.

Does anyone know how make my picture smaller its giving my a headache tring to figure it out.

"The answer is practice.
Now, what's the question?"
Words by David Mead.

(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

Don't practice with the amp for the duration of the cold then - just get used to the acoustic properties of your axe.

I can't help ya with the picture thing though. If you're hosting it from somewhere else, no dice, but if you uploaded it, maybe you can take it into Photoshop or Paint and re-size the image to maybe half that?

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@goodvichunting)
Reputable Member

BMX

I reduced it by 50%. Check your email.

Vic

Latest addition: Cover of "Don't Panic" by Coldplay
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=502670

ReplyQuote
(@bmxdude)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

What i don't know is how to get it from paint to the avatar.

"The answer is practice.
Words by David Mead.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Important not to miss a single day? Bullshit. Go to bed, eat some fruit, watch some television, listen to some music and just get well. It's not like the world will stop turning if you keep your guitar in it's case for a few days.

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

How did you get that picture on there, I've been trying to do that.

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@goodvichunting)
Reputable Member

:) at djdubb.

BMX, you have two options.

You can either upload the reduced image onto a website and link it from there or just do a google image search for that particluar guitar, I am sure you will find an already reduced version.

DjDubb, it's simple. Find an image that you like, right click on it, select properties and copy the address of the image. Now, come back to GN, goto your profile and paste the add. under "Link to off-site Avatar:" . ..

Latest addition: Cover of "Don't Panic" by Coldplay
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=502670

ReplyQuote
(@bmxdude)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I've already missed two days but i think I will Try today.
Anyways someone needs to write an article on how to get a picture in the avatar. The way I did it was
1. go find a picture on the internet, just the picture on text.
2. selet the url(found in the adress bar) right click, then click copy.
3. go to the bottom of your profile right click in the place provided, then click paste, and then submit

However; I do not know how to make it smaller, hence, the huge picture.
post back with an other questions.

"The answer is practice.
Words by David Mead.

ReplyQuote
(@bmxdude)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

GoodVicHunting wrote
DjDubb, it's simple. Find an image that you like, right click on it, select properties and copy the address of the image. Now, come back to GN, goto your profile and paste the add. under "Link to off-site Avatar:" . ..

Hey when i try this it wont update my profile. The only way i can do it is to find a small image with no text in it and use the url in the adress bar.

"The answer is practice.
Words by David Mead.

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Just play. A little green slime on the strings will make 'em sing !!!!

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

If mentally sick or deranged counts, then I play sick every day. :D

A good photo host I like is PhotoBucket. It's free. Just sign up. Then you can upload photos from your own computer. You may have to resize a photo with your Photo Editor first to fit in the Avatar. PhotoBucket will give you a link. You just copy that and paste it in. Viola! Your own smiling face on GuitarNoise.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote