Clear all

Radio Head Help

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@chymera)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi Guys, I have a quick question regarding Radio Street Spirit, I'm trying to learn off the below youtube vid but was hoping if you guys could confirm if my thinking on what strings are picked is correct? Thanks a lot guys

On The Am - D, E, G, B, G, B, G, B, G and then sequence starts back on the D

On The Em – A, E, G, B, G, B, G, B, G

On The C - A, E, G, B, G, B, G, B, G

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CU8vXr4h7c0

(@stacktrayce)
Eminent Member

So sorry to see nobody has replied yet, I am also a beginner and have used this song to practice string skipping with a pick as well as fingerstyle. I'll see how much I can help. The way I am seeing it is (these are the strings, not the notes themselves):
(lowercase e is the high e, the first string, the thin one, etc. I do not know if that is accepted notation or not, anyone care to let me know?)
Verse:
During Am: [A - D - e - G - B - G - e - G] (repeat).
During Em: [E - D - e - G - B - G - e - G]
Bridge, Am only, same as verse except for last note is open G rather than an A (2nd fret G string) as usual.
Chorus:
During C: [A - G - e - G - B - G - e - G]

A few notes, try to let the open A and open E ring out, and of course there is the 3 - 1 - 0 fingering pattern on the B string which repeats pretty much the whole song regardless of chord. Also, there is a site that has an excellent transcription of this, PM me for details if you want it.

ReplyQuote
(@chymera)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

So sorry to see nobody has replied yet, I am also a beginner and have used this song to practice string skipping with a pick as well as fingerstyle. I'll see how much I can help. The way I am seeing it is (these are the strings, not the notes themselves):
(lowercase e is the high e, the first string, the thin one, etc. I do not know if that is accepted notation or not, anyone care to let me know?)
Verse:
Bridge, Am only, same as verse except for last note is open G rather than an A (2nd fret G string) as usual.
Chorus:
During C: [A - G - e - G - B - G - e - G]

A few notes, try to let the open A and open E ring out, and of course there is the 3 - 1 - 0 fingering pattern on the B string which repeats pretty much the whole song regardless of chord. Also, there is a site that has an excellent transcription of this, PM me for details if you want it.

Excellent stuff mate, thanks a million for the help :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@stacktrayce)
Eminent Member

Hope it helps! By the way, are you playing this with a pick or fingerstyle? I have been practicing it both ways but mostly fingerstyle recently. I read somewhere that Radiohead play it with a pick.

ReplyQuote
(@chymera)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hope it helps! By the way, are you playing this with a pick or fingerstyle? I have been practicing it both ways but mostly fingerstyle recently. I read somewhere that Radiohead play it with a pick.

Sure does help, thanks. I have been using a pick although I must start practicing figerstyle more

ReplyQuote