Clear all

Really silly question, but...

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@sethd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone ever plugged their guitar directly into the line in on their PC? Obviously you'd need a 1/4in to 3.5mm plug but I was wondering mainly if anyone had done it and not had their soundcard blow up. :)

(I also couldn't see a better suited board for this q. but if it is in the wrong one, sorry. :( )

SethD - Probably The Worst Guitarist In The World, Ever.

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Check out the "In the Studio" forum. I think I've seen that question asked there. Maybe the Mods can move your post there & get your question answered if you can't find the thread there.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@sethd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Check out the "In the Studio" forum. I think I've seen that question asked there. Maybe the Mods can move your post there & get your question answered if you can't find the thread there.

Dan
Ahh, righto. Thanks. :)

SethD - Probably The Worst Guitarist In The World, Ever.

ReplyQuote
(@redpoint)
Reputable Member

Yes, you can. It won't sound great, but it's ok.

You can use: http://www.jesusonic.com/ as well to give you some effects.

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

yeh I used to do that quite often, I've plugged my guitar directly into the microphone plug on the soundcard as well as from the headphone output on my amp. I used a program call guitarfxbox to add some pretty cool distortions to it. I few days ago I bought a TASCAM Us-122 usb audio interface which is 100 times better than this method. I got it for $200 from the GC here. I've made a number of recordings on it.

Plugging your guitar into the soundcard won't hurt it, but if u want to do some higher quality recordings look at some audio interfaces.

Good Luck!

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@fireman-sam)
Eminent Member

I've plugged my Amp headphone out into the soundcard. Couldn't get the PC to pick up the guitar straight...

ReplyQuote