Clear all

Should I buy a second guitar?

93 Posts
34 Users
0 Likes
14.5 K Views
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

Another five minute bit of silliness. I was thinking - hippy. Musical hippy.

well it was fun while it lasted, couple of complaints (even tho with smileys) means it probably bothers a few people more than i want. shame it has to come down.
Thanx for the Kewl avatar GadLaw but i guess i better put it in mothballs for a special occasion. 8)

You know, animated gifs annoy the heck out of me as well. Same with Flash animations which is why I run Firefox with the flashblock extension, the adblock plus extension and the no script extension. I have to avert my eyes when I go past a policecar with it's flashing lights on it's soooo annoying. But making them, why that's a bit more constructive than a game of mai jong and provides the same brain drain. :-) Glad to have provided a few moments of amusement. On the other side you know, that avatar will be great in a less acoustic site. :-)

Enjoy your karma, after all you earned it.
http://www.gadlaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I really liked it.

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

Back to the thread, although I love Gadlaw's work.

Everyone here has given reasons (some rational, some tongue in cheek) for having a second guitar and more. GAS is a highly recurrent theme here at GN forums. We proudly pass around pictures of our new gear like grandmother's a mahjongg table. And there is nothing wrong with it, we should be proud.

I love to play guitar. I also love looking at the pieces of art they are. Do art collectors ask if they should buy another painting? No.

The difference is that our pieces of art also give us pleasure in the aural sense as a painting will give the owner in the visual sense. They enjoy the conquest, the hunt, the bargaining and the acquiring of a fine painting. So do we. And while not every guitar appreciates in value, some do. And some sound better with age as well.

The pleasure is in the ownership. As Nick mentioned no one NEEDS even one guitar. But we are not here for need, we are here for what gives us pleasure.

If you are asking if you should buy a second guitar I suspect you are really asking for validation of your desire. Your desires are valid regardless of the reason. Certainly no less valid than the reasons your wife might give for having 70 pairs of shoes, 20 of them the same color.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7