Notifications
Clear all

This Forum . . .

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@rockchalkflyer1968)
Topic starter  

I have been "messing" with the guitar for a couple of years now and cannot say I can "play" guitar, but I am having a great time "playing" with my guitar.

To that end, I really want to thank everybody who has posted on this forum, those that have asked questions and those that have provided answers. I am slowly going through all 113 pages and picking out subject lines that seem to apply to what I am trying to learn/do at the moment and seeing the comments being made by those that know what they are doing. It is a great help. The caveat, of course, is that at times too much information is not a good thing, ie, KISS.

Anyway, thanks to all of you that take the time to help us just starting out on the journey.

JayhawkFlyer

Remember: Gravity is a LAW, not just a good idea.

(@s1120)
Prominent Member

I agree! I started here a few months after getting my guitar. I searched for a good guitar forum that was run in a adult way, without the attatudes, and the rudeness of a lot of others. Lots of sites are not very newbee friendly!! Learked for a few years till I learned a little bit and have been here sence.

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Don't forget that we have a shedload of good stuff on the lessons pages too.

Clickety click

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

One of the many great things I've found about GN over the eight years or so I've been here; people who start out asking questions in this forum very often find themselves answering the same questions a couple of years later! That's how it seems to work - take a little, give a little back.

And remember - the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

GREAT site. And THANKS for doing more than your share, Vic!!!

So...have a good New Year...(unless the Mayans were right, that is!) :shock:

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

And some would say "There is no such thing as a stupid question only a stupid answer."

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

And some would say "There is no such thing as a stupid question only a stupid answer."
Heh.
I once saw a guy giving a demonstration, on the table beside him was a sign:

Questions answered. Answers questionable.

:lol:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote