Clear all

those !@$%^*! barre chords

19 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

Hi!
IN his Amazing Guitar video, Andrew Koblick shows a technique that served for me: you have to massage or rub the index finger in one of the frets (let's say the third fret) for twenty times per day. This will give strengh to your finger to play barre chords. This method also helps when you try a difficult chord shape: you rub all the fingers against the fret for twenty times: these will develop muscle memory for the fingers.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Roberto

ReplyQuote
(@matteo)
Honorable Member

even if I'm bettered a lot since i started, I have to say that to play good barre chords is an ability that I have not still mastered completely. I still find quite difficult to play good A-shape barre chords.....I'm thinking to buy an electric guitar instead of damning myself trying to learn them with a classic guitar!

Matteo

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

The idea is that you develop strenght in your fingers matheo...i play in acoustic ,and it got pissed off also in practicing barre chords..just keep practicing them and not to worry much about them..as other posters said it will come without you notice it.

all the best.

ReplyQuote
(@bennett)
Reputable Member

If it hasn't already been mentioned, a properly setup guitar can be a godsend when learning/playing barre chords.

I'd persisted for a while with them on the acoustic and was getting them clean about 60-70% of the time. On the electric I had no problems but then smaller strings, low action etc helped there.

Recently I had my acoustic setup professionally and barre chords have become a JOY to play. :)

From little things big things grow - Paul Kelly

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2