Clear all

TWO TO PLAY

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

CAN ANYONE HELP..I NEED TO KNOW SOME SONGS THAT ME AND MY DAUGHTER CAN PLAY TOGETHER WE CAN BOTH PLAY SONGS SOLO BUT FIND IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND HOW ONE PLAYS 1PART AND THE OTHER A LEAD PART. :shock: THANKS BARRY

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

You can both play just about any song. One plays the rhythm (strums the chords) the other plays the lead. Or one can play the rhythm while picking the melody on the bass strings and the other can do fills and runs. Swap back and forth and have fun. Might want to turn off that caplock button, makes your text hard to read. :)

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

What kind of music?

Just about any Rolling Stones song has two guitar parts. Look at powertabs.net.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

any folk,blues anything thats good for two people to play together and sounds cool really. thanks for advice will have a look....barry

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

"Before You Accuse Me" by Eric Clapton has Robert Cray doing some lead. That would fit the blues requirement to a "t". powertabs.net doesn't have that version, but my Clapton book does.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Every tuesday, I go to my local pub, anything between 4 to a dozen people turn up.....I've got very friendly with one guy, we jam together at my house or his house occasionally, and we always seem to end up playing a few Stones songs....

Wild Horses
Sweet Virginia
Ruby Tuesday (if one of you can play recorder, that's a big bonus...)
Angie
Let It Bleed

all of the above are fairly easy to play, I usually play rhythm, Stu plays lead (Slide on Wild Horses)....currently we're working on "No Expectations" and "Salt of the Earth" - again, me on acoustic rhythm, Stu on slide....hoping to try them out next tuesday....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@deanobeano)
Reputable Member

Why not pick a key say C, then work out the scale and chords to go with it. Then one of you play rythem while the other improvises with the scale over the top. In other word play your own stuff. Good luck :D

ReplyQuote