Weekend warrior program - a tale

55 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

Sounds good!

And the second time is better and easier!

Ande

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Way to go! Video and everything too. I bet you were pumped. 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I've seen bands get payed for sounding MUCH worse than y'all do. Two ladies doing vocals . . . in tune. You'd get hired in the clubs downtown.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Good job!! I think you did a nice job. and as was said.... Im sure next time with not having those newbee jitters, you wll do eaven better!!!!

I realy think your voice worked well with the other singer also.

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

This has been a great thread, bk.
You guys sounded great and looked to be having a blast. :D
Congrats!

Don

ReplyQuote
(@size9)
Eminent Member

Wow! What an amazing program! Anyone heard of anything like this in the States? Sounds like a great way to get a band together. :mrgreen:

Learn How To Play Guitar With Today's Top FREE Videos. Learn To Play Guitar, See Reviews, Shop Beginner Guitars and much more!....

Interested in Guest Blogging For GuitarZonline? Apply @ our Guitar Guest Blog!

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congratulations! :D

Great job!

ReplyQuote
(@bkangel)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Realised I mixed up one of the songs: Use Somebody -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfDqyqIw1GI

Thanks for the kind comments.

I've settled down from the adrenalin of Sunday night, and am looking at my guitars and what other people are doing with theirs, and realise that to get where I want to be, I've got to put a lot more into it. I can only be as good as I can be, but it's up to me to find out just where that is. There are only a few things that make me feel good in my skin these days. You don't need to know all of them :twisted: , but my motorbike is one, and I feel more "me" when I'm singing and playing.

I sometimes think I'm forced to harden myself into someone only resembling myself when I get caught up with the deadlines and politics and draining long hours of work, but the past four weeks have invigorated me, and reminded me that I am not that person. I'm more than that.

Sorry for getting all D&M on you all... :roll:

What I lack in talent and natural ability, I will have to make up with stubborness.

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Hey no problem... I think we have all been there!!!!! I know I have gone through the same thing myself. Last few years, Ive realy came around, and started building stuff, learning/playing music, and writing poems.... Realy has made a change in me.

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Awesome stuff Bkangel. Much respect for having the guts to go through with it. You did good too. :D

They used to run Weekend warriors programs here in Perth too, but they seem fairly patchy, probably due to Perth having a lower mass of players than Sydney. As far as I can see it's currently folded, but may well start up again one day. I'll have to keep an eye out.

Great to read the whole story via the thread.

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4