Notifications
Clear all

What Elec guitar to get for £350?

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@mi1ne)
Topic starter  

hi, ive had a few acoustic guitars and now want to get an electric. been playing for just about 2 years now.

dont really know anything bout elec guitars.

what guitar should i be looking at for that kinda money?

would mind a lp copy.

open to all sugestions though.

thanks.

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

for that kinda money in the uk you could just about get a fender mex-strat. if strats arent youre type go with an epi les paul (certified by gibson, the real les paul maker), or if metals youre thing, i cant really help you out there. :roll: Happy shopping and dont forget to PLAY EVERYTHING. :lol:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@mordeth)
Estimable Member

i recommend a yamaha pacifica 112. really nice guitars, plus they only cost around 200 pounds, leaving you money for amp/stand/gig bag/extra strings etc. yes there's lots of extra costs to be thought of when buying an electric :p

mainly though just play alot of guitars and pick the one that suits you best :) good luck!

This is my signature. Fear it.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Oops sorry forgot about the amp. :oops:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@martin-6)
Honorable Member

I second the motion for a Pacifica 112. They are very nice, the best in their price range, and when did saving a little money hurt anyone, especially on a first electric guitar?

As mentioned that will leave you a bit of money for an amp, I don't know what your needs are but I would recommend a 15-20 Watt practice amp with a few effects on it - I know Marshall does a very nice one for just under £100 but I can't remember the model number.

ReplyQuote
(@mi1ne)
Topic starter  

i went for an epiphone g400 sg.

well chuffed with it!!!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

congratulations! How does it play? i might get that or a fender mexi strat.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote