what next??

11 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@locombian)
Topic starter  

hi guitar noise

i been playing for almost 7 moths.
since then i learnt chords, porwer chords, barre chords and i know a couple of songs,
the things is i dont know where to go next or what to learn.
thanks

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Try working on learning the scales -- the pentatonic and the major scale to start out.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

To expand on what Muse said as you work the scales vary the rhtym using a metronome so start by playing them in quarter notes, then eigths, sixteenths and triplets.

Skip strings etc.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Form/ join/ audition for a band - play with others. Nobody ever came out of an audition without having learned something

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

Picture yourself in five years...what would you like to do as a musician? compose your own songs?...play some songs for meetings only? ..or in a pub?..would you like to play funk? jazz? metal?...maybe you are a radiohead fan and you would like to play their songs...the possibilities are endless...with this picture in mind start again your lessons...and above all..have fun!

ReplyQuote
(@denny)
Reputable Member

You might also want to practice strumming patterns.

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

box runs

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Along with any theory you want to learn, technique and different ways to play the strings may open some new doors.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@electric-gypsy)

As said, scales would be a nice thing to get on with. Then there would be arpeggios, building your technical abilities etc etc. And as much as I dislike it myself, learning a bit of theory for a couple of minutes each day could prove to be very helpful.

There's a little something written about "expansion" on "Wiki Guitar". I don't know if it'll help, but it's worth a read: http://www.wikiguitar.net/index.php?title=Lesson_3:Expansion

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

Play with others, play with others, play with others, and then find some more people to play with. I cannot stress enough how much playing with other people can and will help your own playing.

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote
(@locombian)
Topic starter  

Thank you very much, i just got a new slide i'm learing a bit of that, also i would like to do some jazz

ReplyQuote