Clear all

You've Got To Hide Your Guitar Away

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@musroc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yep. Due to my lack of talent in playing guitars, I'm far behind the good players. Its been a year since I started out and my progess seems to be ok. Chords, barre chords isn't much of a problem now that i've started to enter into the "difficult" part of music. I started learning classical, and it really helped me in finerpicking. I've seriously considered music to be a part of my life and it will always be a part of me. Most of my time, I tend to be listening to music , etc and it truly gives me a good feeling. I know there are a lot of great guitarists out here . What are some of the steps in improving my guitar skills ? after i got my electric, ive been like crazy trying to play those solos. Right now, Im trying to do the solo part of nothing else matters. I can do the fingerpicking part but the solo part is fast and sounds hard even though it doesn't cover many frets of the guitar, speeds seems to be the problem here. I go through scales and recently I've learned the minor pentatonic scales .. and yes, I love rock ..... i go through scales everytime i start. I'm also taking lessons but my teacher is more focused towards reading musical notation and we do it the hard way , reading musical notations (unlike others, i started reading those black lines a year ago), and its hard. Can you guys recommend me some good solos ? I mostly like rock music.... The thrill of playing music seems to be endless..and everytime i turn to my guitar, its just one more time. I seem to be less caring about my neighbours, people, parents .(hard) , etc.. so throw in some solos for me so I can rock 'em with it..... a few shattered glasses is worth the price I pay spending all my life living this life for music..... its truly a great experience. its midnight, so i just though id share these things at this forum, even though it could be called off topic. Anyway, if youve come this far, thanks for reading and i could sure use some help from some of the great guitarists out here at this forum, a great place.....

P.S I'm not high :P ... my love for music :lol:

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

A nice piece to start out with is "Birthday" by the Beatles.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@musroc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thanks. ill ty that out.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You've got a great outlook into playing and that will go a long way. Maybe practice making your guitar TALK.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@musroc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thanks . i sure do hope i can make my guitar really talk someday..... working on it.. btw, how many hours a day do u guys practise ? do you have a specific routine for playing guitars ? I dont have a routine, i play whenever i want to but on average 2 -3 hours a day..mostly, chords, solos, scales, etc... ... when i first started, id get bored playing and later on i started to get used to it and started lovin' it... how about you guys?

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

thanks . i sure do hope i can make my guitar really talk someday..... working on it.. btw, how many hours a day do u guys practise ? do you have a specific routine for playing guitars ? I dont have a routine, i play whenever i want to but on average 2 -3 hours a day..mostly, chords, solos, scales, etc... ... when i first started, id get bored playing and later on i started to get used to it and started lovin' it... how about you guys?

I usually put in an hour+ per day and rarely more than two. I usually take a day off, and a day of lighter playing on the weekend just to give myself a break and to keep from getting burned out.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote