Clear all

All The Young Dudes - Mott The Hoople

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

And as for Sweet Angeline....gimme a couple of days....it's floating round somewhere in my head....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hard to believe it's three and a half years since I tabbed this out!

I was looking at the video on youtube the other night, and I thought to myself, "hmm, that's one of the first songs I ever tabbed out for GN....."

And then I looked back at the tab.....first line of the verses should definitely be D then Dmaj7, rather than D and A.....apart from that, I think I was pretty close! Although when you drop from Bm - 2 2 4 4 3 2 - to Bm7 - 2 2 4 2 3 2 - you might like to try it with an open A string - 2 0 4 2 3 2 - I think that's actually a strange way of playing a D chord (you're still only using the I III V of the D scale - D, F# and A.....but it seems to suit the bass line better, especially if you're playing solo acoustic.

And while we're talking solo acoustic.....here's an intro that might work better, especially if you haven't got an acoustic with a cut-away, and you can't get high up the neck.
E |---------------------------------------------------|
B |-7---7---------------------------------------------|
G |--7---9b11r9b11r9-6-7---7-6b8r6b8r6----------------|
D |---7-----------------9--------------9-7------------|
A |----------------------9----------------------------|

B |---------------------------------------------------|
G |-s6-6-6-6-5-4--s6-6-6-6-4---s9---------------------|
D |-------------7------------7------------------------|
A |---------------------------------------------------|

s6 and s9 simply mean hit the note a fret or two lower than that (eg, the 5th fret) and slide up to the correct fret (eg, the 6th) like you would hammering on, but only using one finger.

9b11 etc means - strike the note at the 9th fret it, bend it till it sounds like you're playing the same string at the 11th fret (ie a full tone higher) then release the bend till you're playing the original note, then bend it back up again, then release again till you're playing the original note you struck at the 9th fret......

I'll have to go back through all my old posts, see if I made any more mistakes....hey, in my defence, I'm a better guitarist now, and I hear chords now that I wouldn't have recognised back then.......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2