Clear all

I don't know if this is an easy song...

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@cobra22)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Ok I have been working on Stairway to Heaven. I was just wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how to play the intro. Such as what chord shaps to use, picking fingers. Anything that would be useful I would appreciate.

I am addicted to the guitar, just like I am addicted to air and water.

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

click here.....

https://www.guitarnoise.com/led_zeppelin/

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

You couldn't really call it easy - some sections of it are but not as a whole.

You don't say what level of playing ability you are at. If you haven't got a basic grasp of open chords and are very much a beginner, i think you are setting your sights a bit high. However I may be doing you a disservice, we need to know a bit more about you really.

In itself the intro isn't too hard, its getting it to flow smoothly that usually presents the biggest hurdle, no pauses between chord changes etc.

Let us know where you're at and i will see what i can do. I am sure others on here will help too.
All the best

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@cobra22)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Well I just started playing a month ago. But I have a lot of time to play, so I have made a lot of progress. Last night when I posted this I hadn't even looked at the tabs yet, I was just curious. But afterwards I printed the tabs and started playing, I can now play the intro almost without inturpution. So I was just curious if anybody had some tips on what was easier for them to do in playing. Thanks for responding. I hope to hear some more.

I am addicted to the guitar, just like I am addicted to air and water.

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Wow, if you have only been playing a month and you can play the start to this flwlessly, I would say we should be taking lessons from you!!!!

Use the tab on the link that Vic's given (go to Led Zep iv) and see how you get on.

It might be better if you post the bits you get stuck on - there's not much point us trying to help with stuff you can already do.

good luck and well done so far, fair play to you!

Matt

ReplyQuote