Clear all

Maggie May - Rod Stewart & The Faces

47 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

Careyr, thanks for that strumming pattern, it sounds good.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I forgot all about this.....in my defence, the sunday night was the high point of the holiday....things went downhill faster than a Ferarri with no brakes after that (for full story, see here....)

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=14706

Anyway....I've got a couple of hours free later on today, see what I can do...and yes, this and "You Wear It Well" were two of the songs I did in Benidorm, also got asked for "Sailing" and managed to do that as well...

See you later.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey Vic,

Just read the Holiday news via your link, I hope Marilyn is well on the mend now. What a catalogue of disasters! Better luck next time with the hols.

By the way, how is the broken nose?

Take care now,

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

The nose is no uglier than it was before...matter of fact, it might have been pushed back to 90 degrees if anything...

I was no oil painting before, so i can live with after...

Vic...(the morning after) "ow my nose is sore"

Marilyn..."Yeah you fell on it....

Vic....is the guitar all right?

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

YES!! Thedecorators have finished.....now all I have to do is shift the crap out of the box room/music room/computer room so's I can get at some guitars.....

As they say on American radio, "Stay tooned to this station".....

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hmm we have a box room similar to you. Then Trish and I had a dream, build a summerhouse in the garden, put the computer, my guitar and Trish's keyboard in there. Bliss!

Son number one decided to move back home, "It's all right Mum & Dad I'll help you build it and then I'll just move into it. You won't notice I'm home then" He did and he did!

Blast! foiled again.

This is nothing to do with Maggie May I know! but I'll stay tooned though!

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Nothing to do with this topic. I was just wondering if any of you are going to the London Guitar Show this coming weekend. I'll be there on Sunday I think.
Only the thing is the "Illegal Eagles are playng there" along with others incl. "The Hamsters" who are an excellent live band. Plus the bands are free. Just thought I would mention it as I know you, Vic, and Chris are well into the Eagles

http://www.londonguitarshow.co.uk/

You also get to play with guitars that are soooooo way out of your affordability (is that a real word) and no one objects when you tell them "Mmmm, its not quite what I was looking for. You wouldnt have one in blue would you?"

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Can't make it to London, but.......YEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!

Got tickets to see Ian Hunter in Liverpool next Thursday.....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Sorry Rodders,

Can't make it.
Trish has got a rare Sunday off this weekend, I thik we might be going down to Devon depending on the weather. Enjoy the Illegal Eagles though Rod, they are the best tribute outfit for the Eagles currently.

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@fingersnfumbs)
Eminent Member

I've had this bookmarked when I first started playing and had done nothing with it as it just sounded rubbish.

Picked it up at the weekend and wadyaknow i'm Rod Stewart.

Very easy to play, must agree the F#m can be a touch muddy though.

My guitar teacher is making me play with a click all the time now so i've set this off at 125bpm, staying in time does make it harder but its an essential discipline.

doing i'm only sleeping too so thanks for these two

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Glad your having fun with it Fingersnfumbs. And "I'm Only Sleeping" too. Good man!

Didn't think this song post would get ressurected. I suppose thats the great thing about GN it a great guitar community.

Chris. :D :D :D

ps Vic did promise an intro: for this, are you still up for it Vic? :wink: :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I have an excellent GuitarPro tab for 'Maggie May', with ALL of the parts, including intro, outro and everything in between. It also has the bass tab and drum tab. If anyone would like it PM me your email address and I'll send it.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

This is one of those songs, you just have to learn it for yourself....chords, solo, fake the mandolin by playing high up the fretboard....NO Elecktra, don't give it out!

:D:D:D

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

if you're not up to playing the full intro, here's the bit immediately before the verse starts. Use a pattern of :

pick bass note then strum DUD / D - apart from the bars where the beat ISN'T 1 2+3 4.

On the last bar, use whatever Bm you can play, you're only on it for one beat so even is you use Bm7 x20202 no one will really notice. Its the timing that's important.
Basic intro
4/4 time
Dsus2 (D) Dsus2/4 G5/D D5 G5
|----0-0-0h2-2---|----0-0-0---0--|----3-3-3---3--|-----------|
|----3-3-3---3---|----3-3-3---3--|----3-3-3---3--|-2-----3---|
|----2-2-2---2---|----0-0-0---0--|----0-0-0---0--|-3-----0---|
|-0--0-0-0---0---|-0--0-0-0---0--|-0--0-0-0---0--|-0-----0---|
|----------------|---------------|---------------|-----------|
|----------------|---------------|---------------|-----------|
1 2 + 3 4 1 2 + 3 4 1 2 + 3 4 1 3

Dsus2 (D) Dsus2/4 G5/D D5 Bm G
|----0-0-0h2-2---|----0-0-0---0--|----3-3-3---3--|-------2--3-|
|----3-3-3---3---|----3-3-3---3--|----3-3-3---3--|-2-----3--3-|
|----2-2-2---2---|----0-0-0---0--|----0-0-0---0--|-3-----4--0-|
|-0--0-0-0---0---|-0--0-0-0---0--|-0--0-0-0---0--|-0-----4--0-|
|----------------|---------------|---------------|----------2-|
|----------------|---------------|---------------|----------3-|
1 2 + 3 4 1 2 + 3 4 1 2 + 3 4 1 3 4

note that i have given the timing underneath the bars. If it doesn't all line up then copy and paste this into Word using Courier new as the font and all will be revealed.

And whoever said the strummed parts are D D dud is spot on for the most part.

all the best

Matt

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4