Notifications
Clear all

Night Moves - chord changes

18 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

I might have been wrong about the F chord ? It appears he's does a quick DU then to G and C.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_s40fTxWSU

Bob Jessie

After forgetting this for almost 20 years (when I took lessons 20 years ago I figured out Night Moves by myself) it came back to me this week. You are right... the Fmaj is a very quick 2 or 3 beat strum between the G & C... G F C F G repeat over and over. There's a change to Em later in the song. I'm still rusty at it, but it sounds like the recording. I don't palm mute, since I can't yet, nor have I ever used a capo in the song. I might try that. I've always just used a

(G)DDUD DUD DUD (F)DU (C)DUD DUD DUD (F)DU (G)DDUD DUD DUD

rhythm, but it's the timing of the strokes that's the key. That's not perfect, but I'm not good at tabbing yet. If you listen to the recording, it's easy to pick up. If I can do it anyone can! :lol:

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

OK, Mr. Hot Shot Guitar Hero over here has a little problem with Night Moves. :oops:

I've got the intro and first verse rhythm down pat. Nooo problem.
[G]I was a little too tall, coulda' used a few pounds[F]
[C]tight pants, points, hardly reknown[F]
[G]She was a black haired beauty with big dark eyes[F]
[C]and points all her own sittin' way up high[G].......
[F]......[C]way up firm and high[F]
[G]Out past the cornfields, where the woods got heavy[F]
[C]out in the backseat of my sixty Chevy[F]
[G]workin on mysteries without any clues[F] [C]

I can keep that going. I've been playing along with the recording (I can do it! I can do it! :lol: ) up to the D Em change.

But in the second verse when it changes to
Working [D]on our night moves[D] [C]
Tryin' to [D]make some front page driv[D]e-in news[C]
Practicin[D]' our night moves..[D].......

and then back to
[C]...[G]...in the summertime[F] [C] [F]

it falls apart on me. I can't seem to keep the rhythm going. Then I can pick it up at the next verse. I think they are very quick switches, like the F between the G and C, and are not the same rhythm as the G F C F G passages. Correct? Any insights?

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

I think they are very quick switches, like the F between the G and C, and are not the same rhythm as the G F C F G passages. Correct? Any insights?

I answered my own question, with getting power tabs to play again on my computer. I played the power tab for Night Moves (the change is hard for me to discern from the recording), and the D Em changes are indeed very quick... no more than 4 beats, off the top of my head.

This guitar playing thing is fun. :D

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2