Clear all

Songs that sound good without singing

22 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

I just learned this song and it's pretty easy to sing along too as well, but will sound great without vocals.

"In The Beginning" by Emerson Lake and Palmer.

You can find the tab via at any guitar site, but can do a search with:

http://www.tabrobot.com

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Believe it or not!

Horse With No Name,

Uses only two basic chords which you can mess around with (improvise I mean)and have fun with it. See David Hodge's Lesson on this site. Sounds brilliant on acoustic.

I bet you end up sing it though!!!

Enjoy

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@dsus4)
Eminent Member

Fleetwood Mac Landslide is a good one too. Not real hard to play once you get the rythem down.

Speaking of Comfortably Numb - Anyone have the tab for that?

ReplyQuote
(@oliver)
Eminent Member

yes - mood for a day
ozzy osbourne - dee
jimmy page - black mountain white summer (very difficult, took me a half year)

I like these songs, being instrumentals. One you can play these one's. In my opinion, they're very cool

ReplyQuote
(@silenus)
Eminent Member

Eh...what about Neil Youngs "Hey Hey My My"
Has single notes and chords in it and isn't that hard to learn
+ everybody knows it...

ReplyQuote
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

Yeah, that's a fantastic song (Hey Hey My My). And David Hodge has a lesson on the whole thing.

It has always been one of my favourite songs. And when I went through the lesson, I was so pleased to be able to play the riff.

As always with his lessons, the're easy to understand and very gratifying at the end.

ReplyQuote
(@raezor)

You can try "Local Hero theme" by Dire Straits, nice instrumental song. There's a great gp4 file of this song on http://www.mysongbook.com . There's also a Video Lesson of this song somewhere on the net (I think it's called Masterclass part 2), that could be helpful.

Also you can try some Moby songs, "Everloving", "Guitar, Flute & String", from his album Play.

"Bulletproof Cupid" by Placebo also sounds great (not sure how this sounds on an acoustic though).

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2