Clear all

Stand by me - Easy strumming

39 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
10.5 K Views
(@rodders)
Noble Member

DMusic works the same way as Soundclick does. You can link to the artists page but you can't link directly to the mp3 unless you upgrade the service.

Yeah, thats unfortunate. I was able to link direct for a short while after opening my account with them, then everything changed.

Do you think that guitarnoise should make some webspace available for their more productive members ????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Do you think that guitarnoise should make some webspace available for their more productive members ????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Would be nice but I think they would have already offered if they had the disk space. I noticed that they have already removed some of the mp3's from older lessons like Nowhere Man.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Nick or one of the mods.

If you are listening could we split this off to another thread where we started talking about including sound clips with the ESD's and hosting them

Thanks

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@heyesie)
Trusted Member

First post lads but give this a try.
Just down strum hitting the first three strings only E,A,D
To get from G to EM add the little run basicaly the same all way through.
from EM go to C finnish on D and back to G.

G G EM EM
E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-----------------------------------------------------2----------------------------
A-----------------------------------------------------2-----------------------------
E-----------------------------------------3----2-----0---------------------------
when the night has come and the land is dark

Many are called but few are chosen.

ReplyQuote
(@matteo)
Honorable Member

Hello all

just a quick note: sometimes it is not easy to replicate the song because if you listen to it, your attention will get by the famous bass part instead of the rhythm guitar. So I suggest to play with a strummin pattern that replicate teh bass part like this

beat 1: D
beat 2:U
beat 3: do not play (if you mute the strings it will still be better)
beat 4: Du

Matteo

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Great song Nils - and the sound clip was a fantastic help! Clean, uncluttered and easy to follow. :D

Unlike many of the threads that just give the chords and some general info, your clip meant that I was able to play along in time almost immediately - and follow the chords and words in the post at the same time. Great fun. 8)

Will now amend my Cv to read:
Jan 2007 - jammed with Nils. 8) 8)

Thanks,

Chris

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Great song Nils - and the sound clip was a fantastic help! Clean, uncluttered and easy to follow. :D

Unlike many of the threads that just give the chords and some general info, your clip meant that I was able to play along in time almost immediately - and follow the chords and words in the post at the same time. Great fun. 8)

Will now amend my Cv to read:
Jan 2007 - jammed with Nils. 8) 8)

Thanks,

Chris
Thanks Chris I appreciate the feedback. I included the sound clip since I liked it when others had done the same. Like David Hodge's lesson format since it gives you a nice reference to compare to.

I also enjoyed jamming with you 8) .

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member

The audio strumming samples are much appreciated. Thank you!

G W Roach (Don't BUG me while I'm practicing!)

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

I know I'm a few years late in seeing this. :lol:

I love this song! This is going into my "gig book".

Thanks for doing this.

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3