Free, yes FREE, Dunlop Jazz III 1.38mm (red) picks

25 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
15.8 K Views
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Oooh, this is tough. Hondaman's punk aesthetic against Wes' professionalism.

Let's see what the judges have to say.

Paula: "Wes, you know I'm your biggest fan, even though I do say that to everyone. But in this case, hondaman promised me a dime bag if I vote for him, and you know I only go for the young guys anyway, so I'm picking hondaman."

Randy: "Hondaman's powerchords didn't really cut it for me, but WES, dog! You da man! Serious props! You in the dawg pound now! Woof woof woof! That was the bomb, man!"

Simon: (sneers) "Are you people absolutely insane?"

Regis: "This is my favorite awards show, because it's about people who are helping people. The contestants are out of control! Honestly, I can feel it. The ions are flying back and forth. But this is true: Regis can do anything these young punks can do. I fit right in there with these music people. They want Regis to dance, Regis will dance. They want Regis to lift weights with them, Regis will lift weights with them. Whatever they want! I should get the picks, and that's my final answer!"

Drew Carey: "1,000 points to everyone!"

So there you have it, a clear and unambiguous decision from the judges.

And now the final vote: Wes' lyrics could indeed be used in a Dunlop promotion, but Hondaman included some guitar tab. That wasn't a requirement, but this is a guitar forum after all.

TIE.

Wes and Hondaman get 3 picks each.

PM me with your mailing addresses.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Congrats to both of you!

Geez! Feel like I should go buy some of these magic picks!

Great contest! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I would like to thank all the little people who made this possible. I would also like to thank my Mom and Dad for conceiving me, truly making it possible to receive this great honor. I would also like to thank slejhamer for sponsoring this great contest and providing the wonderful Jazz III pick prizes. Thanks to GuitarNoise for providing a forum for this great event.

I can't wait to get my Jazz III picks. Yeah. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

no offense to hondaman, his song was good, but i'd have to give it to wes
way to go guys, i expect to see both of you guys at next years rappy's. i mean grammy's :P

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

Awesome contest, I got a good laugh out of it.

I heading to the music store now...

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

About 1 mm to thick for me..I use 0.38's( dunlops)
You guys are are over the top :lol: You both won in my estimation 8) --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

slejhamer

Yippee! I got my Jazz III's in the mail today. Thank you so much. I do not have my guitars handy now, but I can't wait to try these picks later tonight. I'll tell you what I think.

I like the size, they are small, and I like the pointed design too. I bet I'll be better able to speed pick with these.

When I got your letter today I was confused. I forgot all about these picks. I couldn't figure out who in Virginia knows me. I can be a little slow sometimes. :roll:

Anyway, thanks again. I really appreciate it.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

LOL, just think what would have been going through your head if I'd used my return address at CIA headquarters.

Uhm, okay, forget I mentioned that... ;)

Enjoy the little red speed picks!

Hondaman, let me know when you get yours. Airmail to Canada probably takes a couple days longer.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

LOL, just think what would have been going through your head if I'd used my return address at CIA headquarters.

I would have shouted, "Everybody in the car quick, we've got to get outta here, they've found me!" :D

Tried those picks last night, I really like them. I am going to keep playing with them. I have always had a little trouble with picks turning in my hand. The pointed design, and the small size makes you grip close to the tip, these picks might be good for me.

Thanks again.

Wes

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Oh man the lyrics are funny. I'm still smilin'!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2