Notifications
Clear all

Desperate for gear advice...

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@peaveyt15)
Topic starter  

Hey, I need some help. I'm not satisfied with my tone, and am struggling to decide what to do.

Here's my gear:

• Guitar - Peavy T-15
    Amp - Marshal G10
    Pedals - Danelectro Cool Cat Metal 2, Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, and Boss AC-3
  • I'm happy with my metal tone and simulated acoustic, but cannot get even a half descent bluesy tone. Also, the clean tone (just amp) is very "dull" sounding and boring.

I guess my question is, do I replace the overdrive with a Boss Blues Driver or some other OD, or upgrade the amp. I have a very limited budget, and am hoping to find something used for under $100.00 (US).

Any ideas would be welcome...

(@greybeard)
    Illustrious Member

To get rid of the dullness in clean tones, try a delay or an echo pedal, it'll make all the difference. You can go from a shimmer to full out unlimited repeats (depending on the pedal, of course), but just a little will take away the dullness.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
    Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
    Greybeard's Pages
    My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
    (@peaveyt15)
    Topic starter  

Thanks...

Definitely not the answer I expected. I'll have to look for some sound samples or demo on youtube.

Mike

ReplyQuote
    (@diceman)
    Reputable Member

I seriously would consider upgrading the amp . The specs for your amp show it to have 6.5" speaker . I don't believe you'll ever be satisfied with the tone from that small of a speaker . Sound is all about moving air . You could try an extension cabinet if your amp has a speaker jack . Maybe someone would let you try before you buy . If you do get a new/different amp try to get at least a 10" speaker . Good luck .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote