Clear all

DigiTech RP300A

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@nexion)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I just ordered one of these puppies last night and just wanted to hear some feedback on them. Anybody have any comments or advice on the sound quality, effects quality, ease of use, etc.

Thanks!

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I had one about five years ago.
there were a few settings I liked. the amp settings were many and in combination with the different effects it was quite a hand full.
I found myself fiddling alot never quite getting the perfect thing. I did take notes because I found I could get lost easily. so take notes.
it was a quiet pedal and didnt take much away from a clean pass thru when I wanted just my guitar and amp.
some settings were horrible...very subjective.
the vibrato/leslie organ effect was most favorite. the high gains were plain awful.
again, purely subjective. you may like them.
to be honest I never liked it overall. king of generic with some sounds reminding me of the noisey kid shredding in a guitar store.

it was nice being able to locate and lock in favorite settings. jumping from one to another was seamless.
the drum machine part was ok for practice but not smooth for jamming. setting the tempoand drum pattern was annoying.

eventually I gave the thing away. it didnt have what I was ultimately looking for...MY TONE.
it did help me narrow down what I was personally looking for; I went modded pedals and trimmed waaay down to a simple rig.

the RP300 is great for hiding sloppy playing. and greater for self entertainment.
flame worthy statement follows:it never felt professional enough.
it has come down in price...which is a good thing.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote