Skip to content
Has anyone tried th...

Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone tried the Digitech RP150 or Zoom G1 yet?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I've been looking to upgrade somewhat from my Digitech RP50 and was wondering if anyone had tried these units out yet. I'm not really interested in the amp models, just modulation effects, reverb and delay mostly. I don't really want to tie up a big investment in separate pedals this close to the holidays, if you know what I mean. :D

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If it's just for the effects, and you mostly play at home (or can shell out for a midi floorboard), look at this unit for $99:
http://www.behringer.com/DSP2024P/index.cfm?lang=ENG

There are some afterthough-sims slapped on but it's basically a very nifty multi-effect, with lots of proper sounding presets and lots of room for your own sounds.

Read SoS's excellent review here:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Dec02/articles/behringervirtualizer.asp

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Have you looked in your local stores for used pedals? You can get some great deals!

I just bought a Morley Bad Horsie II for $50. It goes for more than double that new........ and mine works like a charm, nothing wrong with it at all.

I was a multi-effects kind-of-guy, but now after having both, I'll stick with the individual pedals. When you don't want something just shut it off. Before I had to flick through a bunch of pre-sets to get back to where I had it.

I bet you can walk out of the store with both of those pedals (verb and delay) for half the price the RP150 goes for, if not less.

It's worth a shot. Either way, good luck bud!

ReplyQuote
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Arjen, I like your suggestion, I'll have to see if GC has one I can check out.

Mike, I hear ya' on the used pedals, unfortunately, most shops around here seem to want to sell them for 90% of retail, so it's not real economical for me to go that route unless I get lucky and stumble onto something.

So, anyone else tried the new Digitech or Zoom? :D

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

ReplyQuote