Clear all

Help with effects pedals

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@gnarlaxx)
Topic starter  

hi there!

im new to the site, and i just had a question about how to set up my rig and which order to place my effects pedals in

i have a jackson Dinky and a Peavey JSX head and have a chameleon hooked into a carvin preamp, and i was wondering what i should get to switch between the two heads. i plan on using the peavey for rhythms and the chameleon for solos.
i want to put my pedals through both heads. how would i accomplish this?
my pedals are:
Danelectro FAB flanger
Danelectro Fish n Chips Graphic EQ
Fender Chromatic Tuner
Boss Noise Supressor

(@davidhodge)

Try this:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41925

Plus, go to the "From Here to There" forum for tons of questions already answered on this particular subject.

Hope this helps. And welcome to Guitar Noise, by the way! Look forward to seeing you around on the boards.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

What Dave said....
and Welcome to GN!

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

i have a jackson Dinky and a Peavey JSX head and have a chameleon hooked into a carvin preamp, and i was wondering what i should get to switch between the two heads.

What you want is an A/B or A/B/Y switch. There are a lot of different ones but you can pick them up for about $40 for cheaper new ones or better quality used ones. I recently picked up a Boss LS-2 used for $40. I use it to switch my guitar signal between my amp and my computer. The Boss one is pretty flexible as it allows a variety of switching options. There are plenty of other choices though.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@soundideamods)

I used a whirlwind a/b/y box between two amps for awhile and it worked out pretty well. No popping sounds when switching.

ReplyQuote