Clear all

Line 6 PodXT Live

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jtb226)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

does anyone know much about these? i am thinking of selling my pedals and buying a good multi effect unit. however, i don't need the amp modeling, just the effects (i currently play through a mesa dual rectifier and 2 rectifier 4x12's). i was thinkng the line 6 because it seems as if you can bypass the amp modeling pretty easily and you can also record to a computer from it and edit all the settings on a laptop (which i like). anyone have any experience with them or can suggest others that have comparable features to the Pod? the recording to the computer is very important.

"Heavy decibels are playing on my guitar
We got vibrations comin' up from the floor
We're just listenin' to the rock
That's givin' too much noise....
Rock and roll ain't noise pollution"
~AC/DC

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

They can all record to a computer and nearly all modelers allow you to disable the amp sims. If it's just effects then take a look at the GT8. Do be aware that both suck a bit of tone, you're gonna notice it on that setup.

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

The V-Amp2/V-Amp pro is very similar to Lin6 Pod and you can also disable the amp/cabinet simulation and used it as an Effect unit in the FX-lopp of your amp.
But the V-Amp 2 or the Line6 pod doesn´t seem to be robust enough for rough stage work.

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
(@jtb226)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

i'm not looking at the regular POD. i'm looking at the XT Live, which is a floor model. i looked at it in the music store, and it seemed like it was made pretty well. the people there didn't really know anything about it though and that is why i came here.

Arjen - i do realize i'm giving up tone with them, however, i don't have the money to spend on a bunch of pedals and a recording package for my computer, along with the other equipment i'd need for it. i figure, i'll sacrifice a bit of tone and get everything i need all in one. it'll be good enough for now for me and what i want to do with it.

"Heavy decibels are playing on my guitar
We got vibrations comin' up from the floor
We're just listenin' to the rock
That's givin' too much noise....
Rock and roll ain't noise pollution"
~AC/DC

ReplyQuote
(@legacyriff)

Have you considered the GNX3000 by Digitech, I'm currentlly considering buying either the POD XT LIVE or the GNX3000, making a lot of research on it and listened to a lot of mp3 produced by guitarists (not the company sound clips) and I must say that I'm leaning a bit toward the GNX right now.
There's an excellent MFX (multi effects pedal) shootout at this web site

http://www.thestompbox.net/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=21

Hoping this can help you, I must admit I'm still not decided!

EDITED

Forgot to mention that my cousin, own a POD XT LIVE and he's very satisfied with it, it's a very sturdy unit. I believe that both units have strength and weaknesses, the toughest part will be to choose which one is best for us!

I also own a Vamp2 (Behringer) fun for practice, a bit noisy, and definitely NOT built for gigs!

ReplyQuote