Skip to content


Looking for Specifi...
Clear all

Looking for Specific Effect

New Member
Joined: 13 years ago
Posts: 1
Topic starter  

I'm looking for a specific effect to get out of my guitar. I'd like to find something that will make a sustained note sounds as if its separated into steady 16th notes...similar to the sound you make when you roll your R's with your tongue. I know I've heard John Frusciante from RHCP use it before but i can't recall the song.

Noble Member
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 1165

Sounds like a tremelo to me. A Tremelo will sound like you are continually turning up and down the volume knob on the guitar at a steady rate, the speed of this is set by a knob on the effect. So, this can make a sustained note sound "stuttered". I bought a used TR-2 Boss Tremelo and it more than suits my needs.