34 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
18.8 K Views
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey thanks Keith,

You haven't hijacked the thread mate, it's for everyone.

Great book by the sound of it and thanks for the little outake riffs etc. I'll have to look into this book.

Welcome fellow Beatlemaniac.

Chris :D :D :D

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Been a while since I visited this thread......

Yes Pet, I do remember the day out at the Cavern - just a pity you and Dave had to go early and couldn't visit the Cavern Pub - kids not allowed....we should do it again sometime.....

Earlier this year - about February - the Mrs was still in a wheelchair, but got lumbered with jury service at Liverpool Crown Court - I had to take her there, even though at the time I had a broken arm.....I wasn't allowed to stay with her, I had to leave the building ntil she came out at 4pm....so I got in the habit of going in the Cavern Pub.

So one day I'm talking to the barman and this old guy who's stood at the bar.....the old guy goes to the loo, the barman says "do you know who that is?" - I pleaded ignorance, whereupon he told me I'd been talking to Allan Williams - the man who gave the Beatles away! (That's actually the title of his autobiography...!)

Anyway, I had to go and pick Marilyn up - brought her straight back to the Cavern, and we sat with Mr W for a while - he told us some stories about the Beatles that would make your hair curl - don't think I could actually repeat any of them on a family forum......then he said, "I've got Paul's number - I'll give him a ring if you want?"

So Allan Williams phones SIR Paul - the conversation went something like this.....

"Ello Paulie, it's Allan!"

"Oh 'ello mate 'ow are ya?

"You still owe me money you b*****d!!!!".....cackles, and puts the phone down.....

He turned to us and said "he's a nics lad really....!"

I said "we've got to go - train to catch....."

so AW says "I'll give you a lift up the stairs with the wheelchair....." and he did....

He was a really nice bloke.....

Think it's time I paid another visit to Liverpool.....one of these days, I might get Chris & Rod to come down on the train and goggle at the memorabilia......and bring a guitar for a jam........

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

duh - double post! Sorrrreee!

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

I saw Ringo's All Start Band this summer, on his birthday! I never really truly understood Beatlemania until he walked out on stage. I screamed my head off. All I could think was "THAT'S RINGO STARR!!!!!"

I'd pay 4 figures to see Paul McCartney.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3