They said WHAT????

65 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
28.8 K Views
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Muddy Waters

"Guitarists should be able to pick up the guitar and play music on it for an hour, without a rhythm section or anything."

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Joe Pass

"I don't know what would have happened to me if I hadn't been able to hear."

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Ray Charles

"The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn"

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

David Russell

I'll add-

I just thought he was the greatest thang I'd ever seen! I never got to see him live, but, there's a whole lot about his life, you know... I was influenced by his music, his style, his attitude, what he was looking for, or at least my interpretation of what he was looking for, which was growing from the inside out. Another thing that really struck me hard was a lot of the same influences that I had musically were his influences as well. That's probably what made it a little easier for me to pick up some of the thangs that he plays. Some of the distance that people put between playing music and playing Hendrix's music is kind of strange to me. Why isn't it just as accessible as Chuck Berry, or B.B. King, or Albert King, or Bo Diddley. Granted - it's hard to play! (Laughs) And, there's a lot to it. There's a lot to understanding what he's doing. I don't even begin to know how he did some of the things he did. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't try!

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Stevie Ray Vaughn

"My guitar is not a thing. It is an extension of myself. It is who i am."

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Joan Jett.

"I have never really thought about myself as someone who writes songs as a craft. Many songwriters do. I suppose I have seen it that way without being conscious of it, but not often. Mainly the object has been to get something out of my system as opposed to 'being a songwriter.'
The note that you use makes you think in a certain way. Listening to a sitar, for example, you think in those terms, anyway some people write riffs to which you can go out and bebop and some compose stuff that is well-planned and thought out and musical. "

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

George Harrison

"I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings."

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

W. A. Mozart.

"All music is folk music. I ain't never heard a horse sing a song"

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Louis Armstrong

"I am out to sing songs that will prove to you that this is your world and that if it has hit you pretty hard and knocked you for a dozen loops, no matter what color, what size you are, how you are built, I am out to sing the songs that make you take pride in yourself and in your work. And the songs that I sing are made up for the most part by all sorts of folks just about like you."

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Woodie Guthrie

Next:

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Albert Einstein -- taken grossly out of context since his comment has nothing at all to do with music but with his view of war.

"Modern music is people who can't think signing artists who can't write songs to make records for people who can't hear."

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Frank Zappa

"I don't think anybody steals anything; all of us borrow."

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

B.B. King

What happens is, you're trying to do your job well and fames comes as an ancillary thing to it; then it becomes a bit of a whirlwind that can take it over. You say you're trying to "make it", but at that time you just mean "do well", to get this music thing to feel good so you enjoy it and other people enjoy it, so you'll get asked back. That's really as far as it goes at first; it's just the satisfaction of building a chair that will stand up to a bit of kitchen wear.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Sir Paul

"Music is either good or bad, and it's got to be learned. You got to have balance."

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Since no one jumped on this after 24 hours - Louis Armstrong

Next:

"We need magic, and bliss, and power, myth, and celebration and religion in our lives, and music is a good way to encapsulate a lot of it. "

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5