108 Users
0 Likes
105.6 K Views
(@rush2112)
Trusted Member

greybeard wrote:
teleplayer324 wrote:
Yeah everyone knows a Tele is the best

When I get tired of playing my Burns, I'll sit down and watch the tele.

Sometimes I talk on the tele while watching the tele.

You guys sure tele good joke

"You know, it eez possible to be too attractive." - Pepe le Pew

"Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes." - Bill and Ted

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Mine just happened today . . .

I was sitting around doodling and decided to knock out some Wes Montgommery licks. My wife wandered by the door and without looking in said "turn that up, I love that CD!"

:P

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

I had a good one today. Got a phone call to sit in with a really popular local band because their guitarist is sick and they have gigs both Fri. and Sat.

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@artistx13)
Estimable Member

...when you relaize if you had saved the money you spent on picks you could have bought that cool new bmw

....when you relaize that you have bought enough guitar strings in your life that they could wrap around the world not once, but thrice

...when a broken g string is a bad thing

...when you own more than two guitars and at least one you are not aware of how you came to own it

...when you own more than 10 guitars and umpteen efx pedals and only play one acoustic

"I named my son Marshall, yeah I named him after the amp. Of course that wasnt my first choice, I was gonna name him Peavy but my wife didnt like it."- Ron "Tater Salad" White

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

...you have made up a lame excuse to not hang out with your friends just so you could stay home and play your guitar. It is so sad and kind of dorky, hope I am not alone on this one.

... the only action your concerned with is the height of your strings.

No i am also the one in your category :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

When you're jamming with your buddy and you two decide to swap guitars,and his wife says: "You two look like you're holding each other's girlfriends."

Even worse you pay attention and realize that you do.

:shock:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

When you're jamming with your buddy and you two decide to swap guitars,and his wife says: "You two look like you're holding each other's girlfriends."

Even worse you pay attention and realize that you do.

:shock:

Haha! You should have been in my house last night then--I ended up with a bass guitar, Mike had mine, and the bass player had his....and I think the girlfriends were getting jealous.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Happened the other day. My neighbor confessed that she sits outside my door on the steps and listens to me play sometimes. :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

The following all applys to wal-mart "Gibson" guitars:

When you spend a hour of your time just standing there, shaking your head in disbelief.

When you open up the box to "test it out," and almost get thrown out in the process.

When you take one of these along with you to go pick up a "loaf of bread."

When you open up the box to "test it out," and actually list EVERYTHING that it needs: new tuners, new pick ups, new wiring, a new neck, a new body, a new nut, a new paint job, new hardware, frets, a bridge, a tail piece, an output jack, better shielding, a pick gaurd, strings, pots, strap holders, switches, screws, etc.

When you make a 10 year old cry because you start laughing when his mom says she'll put it away on layaway. :twisted:

When you coordinate a "Les Paul" burning party out in the parking lot. (we need to get together and schedule this! DISCLAIMER: JOKE!)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

When your family stops laughing, like they used to, when you would come upstairs from "practicing." :oops:

When they ask if you'll play something for the holidays. :D

When you take your band to the next level during a hot gig night. 8)

When you're on break and the hottest chicks in the place come up to you and so does your wife. :shock: :shock:

When you can sit back and tell your grandkids all the above. :wink:

And especially when we play for you great people and you like it.

Best Wishes to everyone here!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

When youv'e just learnt a new lick and got it spot on. You keep getting out of bed to pick up the guitar to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@soju04)
Eminent Member

When your next door neighbor says "you are always so quiet, except when playing your guitar".

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

When your next door neighbor says "you are always so quiet, except when playing your guitar".

soju04, welcome to GN.

This is off topic but the neighbor comment reminded me of a short story I have been wanting to tell.

My neighbor plays drums and I hear him all the time. Problem is I don't get along with him (actually nobody does) which started with him putting his driveway 11 feet onto my property and never removing it so I did with an Axe and sledge hammer (actually I put a fence through it on my property and made it useless).

Anyway, last week a limb off of one of my trees fell in his back yard and he came over to ask me what I was going to do about it. After we discussed the fact that I wasn't doing anything about this here act of nature we moved on to other things. So anyway, I finally got to make a comment to him that I have been wanting to say for a long time. I said to him that it is too bad he is such and A-Hole because we both have an interest in music. I play guitar and you are learning to play drums.

His response was: He has been playing for 20 years.

My response was: Sorry, it just sounds like you are learning. I turned and walked away.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

plus you're both jackasses, so you have that in common, too.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

When your making a list using the alphabet and something odd happens when you get to the 8th letter, for example:

...and your using a pen.

A. Bread
B. Milk
C. Bacon
D. Eggs
E. Peanut Butter
F. Orange Juice
G. Mayo
A. Paper Towels
B. Potatoes

??????? ahh man!

:roll: