Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

Ear training??

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Don't now how to write this in English, hmm.. Does anyone know any good ear training exercises.??. I want to play along with songs I listen to etc. but it takes too long for me to find the right chord, I know which chords there are in each key(the most common ones) Maybe it's just interval training, the difference between the tonica and the dominant and subdominant.. I guess it's just practice but arent't there any faster ways to learn it??

/ES

(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

I dont know about a quick way to learn, but it might help if you got a piece of software that slows the music down without changing the pitch.

There several programs that will work such as the Nero wave editor and Audacity (the two that I have experience with), and I'm sure there are many more (Krystal comes to mind, but I have not used it so I dont know). Audacity and Krystal are free for home use too, so you could try them and see if it helps.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Audacity and Krystal are free for home use too, so you could try them and see if it helps.
As a matter of fact, Audacity is free for any use.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

There is a whole bunch of shareware software just for ear training here:
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/cat/EAR_TRAINING/
Some are like games where they play chords and you pick the chord ect...

ReplyQuote