Clear all

notes position on the fret board

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@screaminside)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

all the notes on the fret board are repeated in other strings except the first five notes of the 6 string and the last five notes of the first string >>>>> A3 of the 6string and A3 of the 5th one .... or b4 of the 6 string or b4 of 5th orb4 of 4th or b4 of 3rd or b4 of 2nd and other note

so ......
then we can play the same melody at different positions on the fretboard
is there any differences in different places and playing the same music piece

and how to choose the best way or the best position
is that depends on modes or the easiest way or what

i know my questions are always strange :idea:

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

You can play the notes where you like.

Why would I pick one place over another? Tone, for one thing. Play an E on the open 1st string and listen to the tone - it tends to be quite piercing. Now play that note at the 5th fret of the 2nd string - still piercing, but not as much, there's more "roundness" to the note. On the 3rd string, you'll notice more roundness - 3 strings, same pitch, different sound. Go up to the 19th fret of the 5th string and you'll have a completely different tone - round and woody, not at all piercing.

There are a number of guitarists, Hank Marvin and Bryan May to name two, who favour the sound of open positions and play there as often as possible.

So, you can use positioning to change the feel.

Another reason is playability. You may find that, by changing the position, you are able to play a piece or section of a piece easier than where, for example, the tab tells you to. If you have small hands, playing higher up the neck is easier.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

and the choice of where to play something has nothing to do with modes.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

but a lot to do with how easy it's going to be to get your fingers in place for the next bit

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@screaminside)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

thanks to all of you i understand your answers

ReplyQuote