Clear all

Nowhere Man

23 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
20.6 K Views
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

Good news! the MP3s are back. I'm learning this song now and i get them!

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Down load them to your hard drive. Then you can access them whenever you want 8)

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i don't know how to do that....

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Right click on the MP3 icon - then click on "Save Target As" and direct it to your desktop or your own "Guitar Noise Lesson MP3 file" folder (which you have conveniently created before hand! :wink: ).

If everyone did this regularly, we wouldn't have the MP3 bandwidth used up so frequently. I realize, of course, that not everyone has the ability to do so (there are readers who don't use their own computers), but those who can should try it.

Write me if you need more help.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

Right click on the MP3 icon - then click on "Save Target As" and direct it to your desktop or your own "Guitar Noise Lesson MP3 file" folderOr "Save link as," for those with non-Micro$oft browsers.

And ditto on David's suggestion to create a folder on your computer for the MP3s. Still, I think the bandwidth situation will always be there, because new people coming along will want the sound clips along with the text parts of the lessons, so they'll have to be stored somewhere. Maybe we can find a workaround for that.

ReplyQuote
(@beatlesjunkie)

Hi everyone! So I really need help. I've been trying and trying at this chord, practising different position, but I just can't get it!

On GM, just barring the first 3 notes with my ring finger (as told) is easy; but when it comes to adding the thumb it's very painful to hold my ring finger down, I can't even get the sound right without putting myself through immense pain!
What should I do? I don't own a capo, but I'm not sure if a capo would help me with this chord. I have smallish hands for a girl, but that has never been a problem before.
I've been holding this ring finger position for 1-5 minutes each day (5 minutes feels like a lifetime) but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas what I can do?

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Right for the moment, just play the Gm as a four string chord (XX0333) and don't worry about the bass note. This will sound fine when you play it, maybe not as full, but it's only for a few beats so it won't be that big of a worry.

Likewise with the F#m, just strum from the A string down (X02222) or even from the D string down (XX2222).

Only playing these strings means you can use whatever finger works best - your index finger can probably do the job. Ultimately you should still practice trying to barre a few strings with all your fingers. It helps them to develop strength and dexterity.

As you play more of these "mini-barre" or "partial barre" chords, you'll get more comfortable with your fingers and they'll get better at doing their job with less effort. That will help you to get to the point where you can add your thumb to some notes. It really will take some patience.

Hope this helps.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@beatlesjunkie)

Thanks! I'll do that for now and keep working on the bass note, thank you and I love your lessons!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2