Clear all

I CAN'T DO IT!! HELP!!

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@gdjpgr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I am trying to write a song, not just one...but i have but they are all slow...and only chords....and all i really wanna do is do a nice upbeat faster one.....i've been kinda sticking to Am bluesjust cause i'm gettign to know it better, but can't seem to write a nice riff, that's catchy, somewhat simple, and CATCHY lol.......i've been listening to alot of Clapton.....but i stil need help.... p.s...i consider myself more a rhythm player...but i still wanna write u know? but i can't seem to break the shell of the same crappy riff over and over...

(@dillydally)
Estimable Member

So you need help with an upbeat kind of tune like 1/4 or faster?

Check out different types of punk, I know it sounds stupid but you can get alot of different ideas from them, take Rancid for instance, very catchy and upbeat.

It's 15 Till And She Has The Other 45 In Her Mouth.

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

writting the music is actually the hard bit i have found , the lyrics seem to come to me , mind you i'm no great song writter , I use my acustic for rhythm and then play my electric over the top . Steal some elses ideas trust me everyone does it . Have a look at Deep Purple "Smoke on the Water " how mnay vaiations to that are there ? not meaning the little riff at the begining . but the rhythm .

Pinch Eric Claptons rhythm add your little pieces to it and your lyrics and no-one will know . Music isn't rocket science really , it's the way one takes what some else has and alters it to suit them selves .

hope this has helped but don't stress out about it do what I have said then add your own pieces to it . one day we all be listening to your music and stealing bits from you .

cheers

L.K :arrow:

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote