Notifications
Clear all

influenced songwriting

20 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@weedyrs)
Eminent Member

Apology accepted then. It's good seeing you can be matture enough to make one.

-Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i find that writing while high or drunk is much more intense and i'm more likely to write while i'm having a novel sensation. writing sober is more of a grind. i'm also more likely to take chances, which results in more interesting phrasing. unfortunately, it's harder to structure what i'm saying. that usually requires sobriety.
let me edit that: i'll never put out the effort required to structure a song while drunk, although when i'm high, rhyme schemes come to me very clearly.

ReplyQuote
(@poeticsmile)
Estimable Member

I always find that when I write something when I'm fucked up at the time it sounds brilliant like I should be fucked up more often because the stuff is out of this world amazing. Then I sober up and stuff it reads like sh*t. That sucks. Most of it absolutely makes no sense. Like one was about walking up a cat's tail then eating it.

Yeah, I was ashamed to say I wrote it.

ReplyQuote
(@sjboller)
Trusted Member

Oooh .. interesting topic. Drugs (alcohol is included with this) in my experience have never helped in my writing while I was under the influence. Music sounds a hell of a lot better to me using them .. but then again .. staring at my cigarette burn to the filter is also entertaining when in that "mode". You're naturally going to write better when you can pick up a pen, and let alone understand that a pen is indeed a tangible object. I do believe that drugs have been responsible for some great songs. I don't believe that the really good ones were written while messed up .. rather after the fact. I don't recommend going out and abusing drugs and creating uneeded complications in your life just to spur creativity. But hey, if you've done it in the past or are currently "experimenting" ..ha ... use those experiences. Just don't get killed in the process. Anyways .. back to my Guinness ... peace.

ReplyQuote
(@poeticsmile)
Estimable Member

I haven't tried writing while I'm high only when I'm drunk. So maybe it is that you write better when you're high. I don't know. I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2