Clear all

Mid-life Crisis Male Menopause Blues

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well this started out as a throw-away line - Chris C picked up on it, then Blueline added some lyrics. We thought there might be a song in there....and we were right! http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?p=310353&highlight=#310353

Most of the lyrics are Blueline's, I've a added line here or there, tidied up, and of course the title was mine - Chris didn't actually contribute a single full line, but deserves a co-writer's credit for inspiration and lots of suggestions....that I've adapted....

I've done two guitar tracks (solo could be a lot better, but I was more concerned with getting the rhythm guitar right - by the time I'd played that about 42 times, I wasn't in the mood for soloing......) bass and drums - bass is all mine, drums were programmed.

Now then - I reckon this could be a really good song, if someone can come up with a better solo, I've saved the backing track on Audacity....Smokindog? Demo? I can send you the BT without the solo.....

And then - how about making this a global effort? Arjen - are you up for adding some piano? What about Lars - how about some harmonica?

So far it's a collaboration between England, USA and Australia..... what about the rest of the world?

So - what do you think, guys? And girls, if anyone's interested? The demo MP3's here....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=225059

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@blueline)
Noble Member

Hey Vic!! That is Awsome!!
I just downloaded and listened to it about 10 times. Did anyone every tell you that you sound a bit like Roger Waters???

I don't have the gear to add to the track at the moment BUT my friend is nearly done building a studio in his house. He's asked me to come in a record once its done. No doubt this is going to be the first thing that I work on.

You did some great work with this song. Well done!

Matt

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi Vic,

That was excellent. 8) Any chance of posting the lyrics here?

I actually came across it accidentally when looking to see if you still had the Constant Chameleon song up on your Soundclick site (unfortunately it seems to have gone. :( I'd not heard it. )

It's been a long time since I posted anything at the SSG forum, so I've got out of touch with everybody's progress. I know that you're a long time player so I assumed that you were probably already at the level you were comfortable with. How wrong I was! :shock: Everything has improved by quite a margin - playing, singing, songwriting, even recording skills by the sound of it. Standing ovation from here for all the work you've been doing mate. 8)

Cheers,

Chris

BTW - the power cut we had while I was sending you a PM about your ideas for this song, was followed by two more blackouts since. :? It's been a bit stormy...

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

from what i can make out of the words i really like them!
distorted vocals...mmmm :D

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Here are the lyrics

Mid-life Crisis Male Menopause Blues.....
Lyrics (Blueline/Vic Lewis/Chris C )

When you're way past your peak and it's all downhill,
And you're wondering what to do, 'cause you need a new thrill,
Maybe get a fast bike, re-live your wild youth,
Though your salad days are long gone, ain't that the truth,
When all the sweet things are taken, and you can't pick and choose,
You got those mid-life crisis, male menopause blues.....

When you're feelin' worn down, too many cares on your shoulders,
You thought you'd get wiser, but you just got older,
And your woman says, you need to lose a few pounds,]
So you head off to the bar for a couple of rounds,
You can't play your guitar, 'cause your fingers ain't loose,
You got those mid-life crisis, male menopause blues......

Now the years are flowing by and you got nothing to show,
The world's spinning faster, but you're moving too slow,
Your kid didn't ask you, just borrowed your keys,
So you run down the street, you're beginning to wheeze,
Pick yourself up and stare at the bruise,
You got those mid-life crisis, male menopause blues.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@lwj001)
Reputable Member

Hey Vic, it's not "menopause", it's "Men-All-Pause"!

Kingwood Kowboy
Author of over 6,600 song lyrics
http://www.kingwoodkowboy.com/

ReplyQuote