Clear all

My first original song posting

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@hobson)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

This isn't the first song I ever wrote, but it is the first time that I've ever posted an original song anywhere. It's one of six songs that I recently copyrighted. That was my first time registering a copyright. Of those six songs, I'm probably most pleased with this one or at least I think it's the most finished.

Comments are welcome.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=832466&songID=10855352

Renee

(@john-sargent)
Noble Member

Nice tune.
My experience in the song writing forums? A whole lot of people look at postings here. A few click on the song links and very few make comments. The chances of getting constructive, destructive or sarcastic criticism's or ...pant pant, warm fuzzies, is much greater in the Sunday Songwriting forum.

Keep writing and singing :)

ReplyQuote
(@hobson)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I wasn't expecting too many comments. It's kind of like the singing forum. Maybe people are afraid of being too critical. You really put yourself out there when posting an original song or singing.

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I like it, Renee. Nice melody, nice picking, lyrics are good and your vocal is strong and it sounds truly original, as opposed to derivative. What's NOT to like? MORE!

One suggestion - add your lyrics to your Soundclick page. It's nice to be able to read the lyrics as you're listening to a song.

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

(I only give five smileys when I REALLY like a song!)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Oh, and to add to what Mr Worm said - yeah, this forum's a little neglected. You can hear the cold wind blow, and see the tumbleweed blow down the street at times....but, some good songs have been born here. if you'd like more feedback, try posting a link in the "Hear Here" forum - that gets a lot more traffic. I strongly suggest you do - this is a good song, and worthy of a wider audience than, well, me and Mr E!

All the best, Renee....and hope to hear more songs from you!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@hobson)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Vic, nice to get another response, especially when it's so positive!

I just posted the lyrics on Soundclick, as you suggested.

I do have more original songs, but none ready for posting yet. A few are resurrected and revised from many years ago. I'm just getting back into songwriting. I think that my newer ones are better, maybe because I'm now a better musician or because I have a lot more experiences to write about. I have two newer songs that are almost ready to record and copyright. I'll post when I'm happy with them.

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@lane1777)
Eminent Member

hi Hobson..just listened. the song is the kind of music I like. good job. hey! I thought about a bridge in this, you know? to sum it all up...I have some songs without a bridge no big thing...anyway I liked it.

ReplyQuote