Notifications
Clear all

OK........ I did it........ Elecktra's Blues

22 Posts
10 Users
0 Reactions
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sounds great to me so far.....you ever get round to recording this with your band, I'd leave it accapella as far as you've got, then start bringing instruments in....some nice bluesy guitar, easy on the drums.....and gradually build up and bring more instruments in.....

Just first thoughts, on first hearing.....I'll have another listen when it's not 5.44 am and I haven't been up all night.....

Vic.

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I like it also. I think you sent us a message by recording it accapella.

So, I agree with Vic that it should start off accapella, bring in a little bluesy guitar then the rest of the instruments. When you go to full instrumentation it should not be over powering or you will lose the strength of your voice and the message.

Looking forward to the next release

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thank you! I hope that it was a good message that I sent! I recorded that using just my little PC mic and the built in PC sound recorder. :oops: I think (in fact, I know) that the quality sucks, but, hopefully the next version (with instrumentation) will be MUCH better! I mostly just wanted y'all to hear how I was hearing that "And it leaves her blue" line............ It seemed as if I wasn't getting my message across verbally, so y'all got my sucky recording instead! LOL! I hadn't thought about the acapella beginning until Vic mentioned it........ hmmmmmmmm......more to think about! Excellent idea, though! My one question for all of you would have to be.......... Did I get anywhere close to that Billie Holiday "feel" in the phrasing? Please don't hesitate to tell me that "Hell, no, you sucked!" The instrumentation that I am going to put behind it is going to be very basic...... one guitar, one bass and maybe a piano (again a la Billie Holiday..... "less is more"). And, that's it! :wink:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

WOW!
You have a great voice.

You are on the right track here.

Celt

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
 Val
(@val)
Estimable Member

I haven't been able to listen to your song. The link takes me to a blank page with 'Downloading from site...' at the bottom, followed by 'Done', then nothing at all. I've waited a while but nothing has happened. It may be because I only have a 56k modem connection.

Also, I tried to access your website to see if I could listen to the song from there, but I am getting the GN Easy Songs Database page! :?

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'm sorry you've been having trouble, but I've been doing a little work on my site so I may have been interrupting you! Try right clicking the link below and choosing "Save Target As" or "Save Link Target As" and it SHOULD download. My voice is "iffy" the first few words, but it gets a little better from there!

http://www.elecktrablue.com/16.WAV

And, if you want to hear my Betty Boop imitation, it's here..... (and good for a giggle... I just need to work on her accent which is hard to do when you've got a Southern drawl! Boop boop a doop, y'all!)

http://www.elecktrablue.com/boop4.WAV

The ESD is eventually going to go where my site originally was.... I've got the beginning of a layout on the main page (but nothing goes anywhere yet), that's why you can't get to anything! :D

I've just started recording my guitar to my computer so I ought to have some actual full songs up on SoundClick sometime in the fairly near future!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 Val
(@val)
Estimable Member

Thank you for helping me out with the downloading problem.

It sounds good to me so far; I look forward to hearing the finished version.

I have to say, that is one cool cat you have there. He/she has impeccable timing and definitely deserves a place in the band. :wink:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2