Clear all

Pachouli

25 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Brought me back to 1972. OK there was the smell of some other fragrant herbs too.
Celt

That is the exact time frame I was writing about and I seem to recall that other herb as well! LOL! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@lostbeggining)
Reputable Member

wow good song, i really really like it, again soooo much emotion it made me look back and forward and at present.....could easily find me weeping if i read it again lol.........And i really like the perfume thing...i tried doing the same in a song....bout my girlfriends perfume cuz she stopped wearing n now everytime i smell somet like it i think straight back n get loadsa feelings of things in the past n her....so its a really great thing 2 write about......but I just couldnt fit the one i was on about into a song because of its name lol....made it sound completely off of the correct meaning lol...

Great song!!! be sure to post more

+

Rain Shadow

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, there are lots of emotions and memories tied up in smells, sights, colors............. you name it! And, you can bet there's a song tied up in there somewhere, too!!!!!!! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, there are lots of emotions and memories tied up in smells,:D

I used to use Brut 33 pre-shave, after-shave, hairspray ( this was way back in the 70's, remember!!!!) anti-perpspirant, deodorant and anything else I could get my hands on....all because it was advertised by Henry Cooper and then Kevin Keegan ....who was my idol when he played football for Liverpool.....

Then I met someone I really liked, she said "you stink! all that cheap rubbish you're wearing turns girls away...."

So I became a Gilette man.....and still am to this day.....and if I ever smell Brut 33 now, I think to myself "Hell, what were you thinking!"

:D :D :D

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

My Dad always used to wear "Old Spice". To this day every time I smell it I find myself smiling! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

That is the exact time frame I was writing about and I seem to recall that other herb as well! LOL! :D
Exactly the time period I had in mind reading it. Very nice.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thank you very much, PappaJohn! Your opinions are always welcomed and appreciated! :wink:

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Which reminded me that I meant to ask you,.... What's pachouli?

If you've ever been to a "Dead" show You'd know the smell aka "Stench of Hippie" in small amounts it's great but some of those guys(and girls) really pour it on! :P

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@screamoguy)
Eminent Member

whats pachouli? tell me

Hi, Im mike

"I dont know what world war III will be fought with, but world war IV will be fought with sticks and stones" -Albert Einstien

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

whats pachouli? tell me

See page one of this post...........complete definition of pachouli............

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2