Clear all

plz help

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey so I just got this random message on myspace and they wanted to use a song of mine for a mix CD but the one they liked was a bob dylan cover, so he said I should send him something else. I was just wondering what everyone thought on here where the best lyrics i posted, what do you think worked and what didnt? Im gonna make somethin to hopefully get on that cd i dont even care if I sell any haha it would be worth it just to do it.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

(@fretsource)
Prominent Member

Are they going to charge you money to put your song on the CD?

ReplyQuote
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well everyone on the cd pays 150$, but you get 50 copies of the CD so if you sold even half youd make a little $, and everyone else on the cd does it so a lot of people could hear. And you get paid if people download it from online. I dont really care if i made money or not, i just think it would be cool. I have to get a song in though, the one he originally wanted was a cover.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

ok, one of you has to change your avatar. for a second i thought you were talkin to yourself.

btw, sounds like a scam to me. but if you want go ahead, it's only money

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

well i was thinkin it might be a scam, but if it was, why wouldnt he just say they would take the cover? doesnt make any sense

-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

as long as you can afford to lose the money then you have nothing to worry about.
personally i could see someone walking away with a whole lotta dough here with no way to track them down.

as easy as it is to record your own music these days and burn your own discs i can't see paying someone the cost of home studio start up gear just to include one track.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

your paying for 50 cds and the idea is if the other like 15 people on the cd do the same thing a lot of people hear, and im most likely not doing it anyways haha.

-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote