Clear all

Sometimes - by manontheside

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@manontheside)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I've been working on this for a few days now and hoped I could gather some comments and suggestions. I have a melody ready for it, but I thought I'd wait to record it in case you guys find something I ought to change.

It's called Sometimes and it's short (but I like the chorus so much that I play it three times :? )

As for the SPOILER, here's what it's about; I wrote it about how I'm trying to get back up on the horse after a relationship. It is meant to focus on the future potential special someone and how I feel about putting myself "out there" again, when I'm so used to being in a relationship.

I want to hear all comments and suggestions you might have, as usual :)

SOMETIMES

There she goes again, so confidently
Everything around her fades to nothing
when she looks towards me
and I'm the only one, only one, only one
that she sees

CHORUS
Sometimes
Sometimes
I dare return the stare
but mostly I look to the ground

It's not that I'm overly shy or anything
It's not like a spell she casts over me, no
I don't even know it, but I know I don't like it
this insecurity within me

CHORUS

BRIDGE
But you, you could be so good for me
You, you could be so good for me
And I know that if I try, I know that if I try
It might be alright

CHORUS

"I wish there was an over the counter test for my loneliness"

(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hey, I liked it. :D

My test for songs here is always that I try and sing them and see what happens. First time through I got a bit tied up with "It's not that I'm overly shy or anything" but it seemed to work better with each run through.

I especially liked all the little repetitions, and the fact that they weren't all done the same way. Things like:

"Sometimes
Sometimes"

"only one, only one, only one "

"you, you "

"And I know that if I try, I know that if I try"

I find that I always enjoy singing those sort of repeats. They offer an opportunity to vary what's happening vocally and add some extra colour to the sound, as well as emphasising the point.

Any clues on the melody?? 8)

Cheers, Chris

ReplyQuote
(@manontheside)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for kind words!

Uhm... Lemme see.. there are some really weird chords that I don't know what's called, and there's some fingering involved.. :oops: As for the chords and the bridge, that's a bit easier. If you want the specific chords, send me a message and I'll get back to you :)

It's more upbeat than things I've done in the past, but I'm not really sure it qualifies as a happy song, mostly because of the way I sing it. I'm looking forward to recording it though, it's got this falsetto I'm not really sure I can handle, which is a shame because I can feel my face twist into this real artistic-look-at-me-this-is-hard-face (or something similar) :)

"I wish there was an over the counter test for my loneliness"

ReplyQuote