Clear all

Time moves so fast

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@p_allen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I wrote this about 2 years ago for a SSG assignment (link), putting it up here is another part of my master plan to help me get writing again. I just decided to record it, its only rough and I couldn't be bothered doing any extra takes so bear with it.

I would love to know what you think of the song itself, my amateurish recording skills, and my shabby singer/guitar skills.

I jus knocked it together using garageband on my mac using the built in mic, Ill get my gear out tomorrow and see if I can do something a bit better.

Oh you'll have to use the stream option too, being new to sound-click I never realised they had to 'clear' me. I could always stick it up somewhere else though if anyone wants me too.

Here it is: Time moves so fast

Thanks,

Pete. :)

Why Do Other Peoples Shipbuilding When you Could Go Diving For Pearls Of Your Own?

(@chefie)
Prominent Member

Wow! Really enjoyed it. Nicely done. I was actually taken back by the simplicity of the guitar work. Fancy doesn't always get you there. And your voice is not shabby either, quite distictive and easy to listen to.

Neil

ReplyQuote
(@p_allen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks mate. I was once a classically trained singer so I fallen a little vocally since then (perhaps if I sung more I would get better, hmmm... interesting theory). I actually couldn't sing this the way I wanted cos the kids next door were in bed (I actually ended up changing a bit of the melody), I may try again in the morning.

Thanks again, mate.

Pete. :)

Why Do Other Peoples Shipbuilding When you Could Go Diving For Pearls Of Your Own?

ReplyQuote