Writing

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, the girlfriend has me in an inspirational mood this morning. Why, oh why, does it seem to happen when I am away from my guitar and any sort of recording device.

I was down in the companies computer room installing equipment and humming a nice little line, then the words started floating to the top. Accompanied with a nice little hook and I can hear everything perfectly in my head. Not specifically every word but the generals that tend to cook up and decent song.

Now I am worried that I am going to forget the feeling, the melody, the ummph of it before I get home. I jotted down as much of it as I could in an email but I really hope I can keep this alive. Literally had me coming to tears, which happened but a hand full of time in my amatuer writing career.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

use sound recorder on the PC, record it on your PDA, Leave a message on your own answering machine.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

ooOOooo record it to me answering machine.. I like it

Thanks
geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

That worked perfectly. I had done this before.. LONG time ago but I dont know why I didnt think about it.. Probly the cloudly mind moodiess. Either way its much appreicated.

Geoo

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Can't let those moments of inspiration go to waste.

ReplyQuote
(@rocketgirl)
Reputable Member

geoo,

I'm assuming because of your avatar you like Keith Urban? G. :)

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Like is such a small word... :lol: I would give body parts to play guitar like him. heh

Geoo

ReplyQuote
(@rocketgirl)
Reputable Member

I saw him in concert in the spring, UNBELIEVABLE! Been a big fan for a long time too! Did you know there's a DVD coming out September 27, Livin' Right Now? If you're part of the fan club there's talk about pre-sale for members. Cool to see another monkey here! G. :)

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I have a dictaphone which I carry around with me. It doesn't get so much use for lyrics as it could do, but it recorded a stonkingly good rendition of some Counting Crows stuff a few weeks back when my girlfriend's son and her other son's girlfriend let loose at a barbecue after a few beers. It'll probably never be possible to repeat the emotional wave to get them recording on my 4-track, but it was worth it to be there and capture the moment. Heck - it was worth it to be there and witness the occasion.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote