Writing For School

Notifications
Clear all

Writing For School

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Hey, I was in Canadian History class and the teacher assigned a project. Whatever we wanted, just as long as it dealt with war. So, were in partners, and my partner wants to do a slideshow, and thats alright with me, but we need more, the teacher said we should write something, and my girlfriend, suggested a poem. So, I'm gonna try, but I'm not much for forced writing, it usually works better when I dont' try much. So I need some help in trying to be able to write better under pressure. Can anyone help me?
Thanks
~PauL~

(@boomshanka)
Eminent Member

Paul,

Don't know if this will help or not, but here is a photo of four graves. These are the graves of four Canadian Airmen killed during WW2. buried in a graveyard near where I lived in Scotland - if your interested you can read more here:

http://www.griffon.clara.net/19/news.htm

It's quite an interesting story, but not a lot is known about them, apart from the fact they all died on the same day. Anyway, when I read your question I thought it would make a good story for your poem. My wife (also from Canada) used to put flowers on the graves on 11/11th..... :)

ReplyQuote
(@blackswan)
Trusted Member

Well, first you should probably write out the info you need in paragraph form first, and then start looking at related words, and putting them into poem form. Maybe. Or just sit tight for a while and let the ideas come to you. Once the first few lines comes down, the rest should be pretty easy.

-Laura

ReplyQuote