Skip to content
Writing My First so...

Notifications
Clear all

Writing My First song, tell me whatcha think.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@hawk50628)
Topic starter  

Hey guys, new member joining. Umm, basically the situation here is I started playing guitar a little over a month ago, I play really well for the time I've been playing(not bragging, just what my lessons teacher has told me) and this girl that I'm "Talking to" wanted me to write her a song. I pondered the thought for about 5 days and finally I wrote it this morning. I'm 17 and I'm someone who likes Dave Matthews, Coldplay, Andy Grammer, Plain White T's, etc. In that genre. I have this so far and was simply looking for some peer editing. Don't be afraid to tell me what to do, I enjoy corrective criticism. Just, try not to be too terribly cruel =P Though, I'm not demanding you to be mean either =o. Anyways, this is what I got:

Lost in Translation
Verse 1:
My head spins, don't know where I'm Going, but I sure know where I've been. Lost in confusion, for hundreds of hours; wishing that any song could just be ours. Wishing I was next to you, you know know it's true. Something is messing with my head, but still I only think of you.

Chorus: 
But I'm lost in translation, oh where are you? Lost in translation, only one way to get them(thoughts) through. Missing you deeply, I'm always by your side; nerves sometimes take me, for a wild ride... But only with youuu. So what do you say, to me spilling it all away for you. I'm lost in the translation of you. 

Verse 2: 
Wild thoughts running, leaving tracks in my brain; always leave me wondering, feels like I'm caught in the rain. But there always is hope, we must always sustain(these thoughts). 

Chorus: 
But I'm lost in translation, oh where are you? Lost in translation, only one way to get them(thoughts) through. Missing you deeply, I'm always by your side; nerves sometimes take me, for a wild ride... But only with youuu. So what do you say, to me spilling it all away for you. I'm lost in the translation of you. 

Bridge: The only way around this is well you know... What do ya say, yes or no? I believe in wishes , but this is beyond; I opened my eyes and yawned... This life that I'm living, too good to be real. It's a dream, and I just woke up and i feel... 

Chorus:
But I'm lost in translation, oh where are you? Lost in translation, only one way to get them(thoughts) through. Missing you deeply, I'm always by your side; nerves sometimes take me, for a wild ride... But only with youuu. So what do you say, to me spilling it all away for you. I'm lost in the translation of you. Lost in the translation, of you... 

(@dreadlockbob)

Hey man, fantastic lyrics, and hope all went well with the girl!
The only thing I reckon you could change is in the first verse "Lost in confusion", I would change that to something else, even "All this confusion", the line is just a touch to similar to the hook, if you know what I mean.
Other than that, sensational song!

ReplyQuote