Skip to content
(wrote this song wh...

Notifications
Clear all

(wrote this song when i was bored) what do u think?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@diluted_metal)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Traitors have Feelings

Listen to me now, I sense this is hell
Does this… even matter?
Why should I be the one to tell?
Being here is so much better

Why---- did you do this! To me------
You just did out of fear
You couldn't even hear
That I have seen my father-----
Does this make it clearer?

I see you; you just keep talking to yourself
Does it make you feel better?
Does it make her feel better?
You just ran out, not even telling her---

You just did out of fear
You couldn't even hear

Why did you leave her?
It was your fault----
It must have killed you to watch her
You didn't even try help her
Now it doesn't even matter
Now that you have left, father

You just did out of fear
You couldn't even hear

You now ask for forgiveness
I wont let you hold on
Not until you have gone
You don't need us here
You just keep slipping father

I wish I could hold on!

You just did out of fear
You couldn't even hear

I love Slipknot, Korn, System of a Down, Ill Nino, Fear Factory, Statc-X, Machine Head, Mudvayne, DevilDriver and South Africa's greatest metal band Seether.

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i don't really understand the father reference. all i can think of is the gunslinger series by stephen king.

ReplyQuote
(@rocketgirl)
Reputable Member

I think this needs to be made clearer. :lol: G.

ReplyQuote
(@slowplay)
Honorable Member

Hey,

You've definitely captured the feeling of being betrayed. There's an emotion here that is palpable. I bet that comes across in the singing too.

However, I have to agree with everyone else, it's vague to the point that we can't relate. There seems to be a woman, and a father, and the singer all involved in the story, but I'm not sure how they relate. My best guess is the singer's adopted, the woman is the biological mother, and the father is the adoptive father who somehow has purposefully ruined things between the mother and son.

I think the title is misleading. The singer is the one being betrayed, yet it is his feelings that we get to feel. The trator's feelings are never really considered, he is just screamed at.

You don't have to make the story itself clearer, necessarily, but letting the listener know the motivations of the characters is a necessary, but missing, component of this song. The singer is feeling betrayed, but what about the other two characters?

I know its hard to remove yourself from a story enough to write about it objectively enough to communicate real emotion with the listener, but I think that's what is needed here.

Good start. Good luck.

P.S.: Don't be afraid to get involved with other people's songs. Taking the time to critique other's work will give you a great frame of reference from which to create your own stuff.

Ice cream is a dish best served cold.

ReplyQuote
(@pierson)
Reputable Member

Here's another one of yours that look like something mudvyne would write. Their song 'Seed' to be more specific. It looks like your dad left you (I can relate.) I like songs that aren't direct. Whenever I'm feeling down I can listen to a song and relate the words to myself. I related to this song a lot because my dad used to be abusive before he left, so I have a lot of angry songs about this experience. I thought this song was way better than your other one here in the songwriting club. Maybe some more imagery is needed. Keep going at it and, as always, keep it up!

There's a thin fine line between hate and rage.
Now watch the line be crossed and break!

ReplyQuote