1st Drum Track...St...

Notifications
Clear all

1st Drum Track...Structure?

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I just made my first drum track in Band In A Box which I am VERY new to. I was wondering if I got the structure right and how it sounded. It is a midi file.

Thanks

Rock Shuffle

(@nexion)
Honorable Member

Sounded correct to me, pretty standard.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

How are you finding BIAB?

I was very interested in this a few weeks ago. I watched all the demo videos on their web site and was quite impressed with the (implied) simplicity of it. I thought I may give it a try for creation of backing tracks. Is it good for this purpose?

I haven't had time to follow up my initial interest as yet but I will investigate further. Would be interested to hear other peoples views of BIAB also.

As for your track haven't heard it yet. MIDI not working on this computer at moment. Will give feedback later when I'm on my other comp.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Mike: how long does it take to put something like that together?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

This is my first real attempt with a program like this so I don't have much to compare it to. At first glance it is VERY overwelming. However after reading the Help file it made a little more sense.
Mike: how long does it take to put something like that together?

About 2 hours but that is with not having any experience at all. I wanted to add the bass as well but I know that will be yet another learning curve.

ReplyQuote
(@lee-n)
Estimable Member

I was very interested in this a few weeks ago. I watched all the demo videos on their web site and was quite impressed with the (implied) simplicity of it. I thought I may give it a try for creation of backing tracks. Is it good for this purpose?

I haven't had time to follow up my initial interest as yet but I will investigate further. Would be interested to hear other peoples views of BIAB also.

As for your track haven't heard it yet. MIDI not working on this computer at moment. Will give feedback later when I'm on my other comp.

8)

BIAB is a badly designed piece of software as far as following 'Windows' standards and is far from intuitive if you want to get into any editing, however, for jamming with it is extremely simple. I use it purely for guitar practice, punch in whatever chords you want, choose a style and click play for instant backing tracks perfect for jamming along with. For this alone it is worth every penny but too convoluted for anything else IMO.

Lee

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

mikespe and Lee - thank you both for your feedback. It sounds like it may be useful for what I'm after. I'll check it out further over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

YOu can get a free download and test it out .. seemed pretty easy after the initial learning curve. But I didn't buy it, because I bought a small roland PMA-5. Has the barebones sequencer functionality for jamming along with, but not so good to write songs..

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote