Clear all

2 questions

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

first off i wanna know what you guys think of wireless systems, if you use them and what you think of them, is it a good investment, i see they have them for as low at 100 bucks, does it change the signal tone?

second is the one i have in Amps and effect but im going to put it here
i never really understood any of this but can someone tell me what i should put the ohms at, i have a 2 speaker outputs, one speaker is said to have a 8 ohms, and the cab says 8ohms also, i have 16 8 or 4 ohms selection, which one do i put it on?

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

From what I hear about wireless systems, there's no point in messing with cheap ones, but some of the better models are pretty great.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Wireless systems are prone to radio interference so a cheap one is good for basement practice but on stage you need a good one.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

I wouldn't use the cheap ones...especially if you are gigging near an army base ;)

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

ReplyQuote
(@tricountytrail)
Trusted Member

never really understood any of this but can someone tell me what i should put the ohms at, i have a 2 speaker outputs, one speaker is said to have a 8 ohms, and the cab says 8ohms also, i have 16 8 or 4 ohms selection, which one do i put it on?

If speaker cabinets are 8 ohms usually 1 driver (usually specs are on speaker cabinet)use the 8 ohm output from amp.
Some speaker cabinets have an couple of speakers already wired and the tag will say 4ohm use the 4ohm amp output
The important thing is to match amp impedence to speaker impedance.
If you drive 2 8ohm speakers in parrell the resistance is 4ohms you would use the 4ohm output.
Hope this helps.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction ...and sometimes a scar!

“Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever.”

ReplyQuote
(@tahitiijack)
Eminent Member

Don't know much about wireless, but I agree that cost will relate to quality. When the pro's head out into the audience at indoor or outdoor concerts I've attended I never notice dropouts, crosstalk or noise from their system even if they wonder to the back rows. They probably don't take chances and buy the best.

Happy Sunsets!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

peaveywolfgang5150

Wireless can be very cool. I know a good Blues guitarist who uses wireless. He walks all through the club while playing solos, sometimes he even walks outdoors. 8) Makes for a great show. Another benefit is you don't get all tangled up in your cable.

I tried to answer your question in Amps and EFX. But I am not certain what you are using with your amp. Are you using one 8 ohm speaker and also want to connect an 8 ohm cab in addition?
If so, that is 4 ohms, use the 4 ohm selection. But you do not really make it clear what you are trying to connect to your amp.

Going back to wireless, Nady makes very good wireless systems for a very low price. But they have a very good reputation. I believe Nady was the first to make wireless for guitar. Their wireless systems have a better reputation than their other products.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote